💐Chapter One💐

She was born the first day of spring, where the world was beginning anew

She was born the first day of spring, where the world was beginning anew. She was born as the new light shone down on the beginning of her new life. She was born with locks so soft, in sweet honey-brown colour, with eyes that reflected the looks of freshly cut grass that reside in the rolling countryside, she had lips as pink as a cherry blossom, the darkest and longest lashes that caressed her high cheekbones. She was born a quiet child, she did not wail, she did not cry, she simply observed, many nurses, doctors, and midwives believed that the child would be a brilliant child in time. A smart child.

Helen Jane Pevensie nee Scrubb smiled down at her beautiful daughter, her first daughter. Her first born. Her husband, Johnathon Curtis Pevensie smiled at his wife and his precious daughter, his sweet princess. No, a Queen. "What shall we name her my darling?" He asked his beautiful wife.

"I've been thinking, I had always wanted to name my daughter Susan, but that does not suit her, our sweet angel should be named after someone who represents spring, and I believe that Persephone Rose Pevensie should be her name." Helen said to him, smiling brighter as their Persephone smiled delighted by the name.

"I believe my darling; our sweet Persephone agrees with you." He whispered as the new parents then became quiet watching as their little girl smiled to them.

This was the start of a beautiful life for the Pevensie family.

At four-years of age her mother and father brought home her first sibling, young Peter Micheal Pevensie, she smiled brightly at her little brother, excited to hold him and cuddle him, Helen and Johnathon would often find their sweet Persephone beside Peter's crib the very next morning, holding his little hand as he slept.

When she was six-years of age Susan Delilah Pevensie was born in their family, turning them into a family of four. And once again the couple would find their eldest daughter beside Susan as she slept, but this time Peter was right beside his sister, snuggled into her side. Helen just shook her head before she would pick Peter up and take him to his own bedroom to allow him to sleep properly.

Jonathon gently picked his eldest the girls eyes peeking open. "No daddy, gotta watch over Susan." She mumbled, but Jonathon shook his head as he hummed a lullaby into her ear, making her drift off into a dream.

When she was eight-years of age, her parents brought their newest brother into the fold. Edmund Carlisle Pevensie, a young terror to behold, he woke screaming in the nights, but it seemed only one thing calmed the crying babe. Was Persephone, her sweet voice humming the lullaby her daddy would hum to her. Both parents let her help with the boy, Edmund had a favourite sibling it seemed. Something that Peter wasn't happy about, as he pouted and moaned about wanting his older sister. Susan just loved watching her big sister, seeing her face around the house like she was in a castle's ballroom.

When she had turned that big number ten, Lucy Joy Pevensie was born. Something about the connection between Persephone and Lucy was indescribable, it was like seeing two souls finally finding each other. Persephone swore to all her siblings that she would protect them from any danger, but with Lucy, she would destroy the world. She may have been given the name Persephone after the goddess of Spring, but she held another title with that name after all, "bringer of destruction."

Oh, she was a sweet girl, so very kind and compassionate, but she was not always like that. If anyone hurt her family, she would cause the worst pain on them, it would start off small, but it would continue to grow until they were begging for forgiveness from the ones that were hurt in her family.

It didn't always happen, but she was not scared to do the dirty work. She was not scared to get blood on her hands, nor was she frightened by people who wanted to be terrifying. People didn't scare her.

Of course, she had fears, plenty like any normal person, she just wasn't afraid of other people, when they threaten her, she laughs, when they try to swing at her, she ducks and punches them back. She wasn't going to let people tell her she was weak because she was a girl.

Did Queens ever back down from a fight, no. She actually liked to believe the world was like chess and she was the Queen, she just wished she had a King, maybe one day she would.

Now as she turned thirteen, many boys were wanting her attention, always flirting, always talking, or as she likes to say, 'running their mouths.' She despised their contestant chatter, so she continuously would turn on her heel letting her hair hit them in the face before walking away from them. She would never say a word to them.

They were not her King.

Often at night Lucy would ask her older sister, "why do you turn all those boys away?"

Persephone would always tilt her head and smile as she whispered to Lucy, "they would not love me for who I am, they would love me for my beauty. They would use me as a prize to be held on a pedestal as they parade around the streets with me by their side. I would not be treated as the Queen I should be."

Lucy never asked her big sister about those boys ever again, because in her young childish mind she understood that her sister should marry the King in her stories. A King who would want to fight for her, would love her for who she is not what she looked like, would love all her negatives and all her positives, cheer her on as she would do what she loved. Just as Lucy knows that Persephone would do the same for her King.

And maybe in time she would meet her King.

Of course, only time can tell. But Persephone, she could almost, almost feel it in her heart that she will see him in a time when the world is most terrifying. Or maybe in time of war, one where no matter the worry she would make it through. Because she wasn't afraid to fight, she was always ready to wing no matter the time, no matter the day, no matter why.