💐Chapter Three💐

The ride was long, Persephone had made sure that Lucy slept during the trip, so as not to be as bored as she, Peter, Susan, and Edmund were

The ride was long, Persephone had made sure that Lucy slept during the trip, so as not to be as bored as she, Peter, Susan, and Edmund were. Persephone knew her other siblings wouldn't want to be a part of Lucy's games and it was harder to get her other siblings involved in those games. Though it was hard for the siblings to believe they were now gone from their home, they still remained strong for the youngest Pevensie. They watched as the two siblings they shared the carriage with meet the family they were to be staying with, the adults reactions was something the five siblings feared the most.

When they heard their station, they were quick to grab their own suitcases and walk outside, Persephone watched the train leave them in the middle of nowhere, the only time they moved was when they heard the sound of a car coming towards them, the five run down to meet the family they were to be staying with, but the man drives past them.

Susan was the first to speak up as she continues staring at where the man went in his car. "The Professor knew we were coming?" She questioned.

Edmund was the first to answer as he looked at his tag. "Perhaps we've been incorrectly labeled."

"No, our ride is just a bit different." Persephone said with a smile as she saw a horse drawn carriage coming their way.

"Come on, hup! And whoa. Whoa." Mrs. Macready said as she came to a stop in front of the siblings.

"Mrs. Macready." Persephone greets with a gentle smile on her face.

"I'm afraid so... Is this it, then? Haven't you brought anything else?" She asked the eldest girl, seeing she was the more responsible of the Pevensies.

"No, ma'am. It's just us." Peter responds as he comes to his sister's side.

"Small favors." Macready states. "Load up." She says to the five siblings, quickly they loaded themselves into the back of the carriage, smiles on all their faces. As they rode along the countryside, Persephone could not help the smile on her face, she absolutely adored the openness of the world, the trees, the grass, the flowers, the rolling rivers. She adored the earth, she had little care for the cities, always feeling locked in, held back. She was the green thumb in the family, their garden was something many women in London that knew the Pevensies were jealous of, and it was all hers.

As the carriage continued on, they came to a huge manor, it was spectacular, like a castle of dreams. Peter was the first out of the carriage as he helped his three sisters off, Edmund passing Persephone and Susan the luggage when they safely reached the ground. Lucy stood close to Persephone. When they were ready, they followed Mrs. Macready inside the home. 

Inside they followed the older woman as she explained to them the rules of the manor. "Professor Kirke is not accustomed to havin' children in this house. And as such, there are a few rules we need to follow. There will be no shoutin'. Or runnin'. No improper use of the dumbwaiter." She started as Susan lifted her hand touch a statue. "NO touchin' of the historical artifacts!" The woman shouted, shocking Susan, who quickly went behind Persephone feeling safer with her. "And above all, there shall be no disturbin' of the professor."