💐Chapter Six💐

The next day, Persephone was happy to see the sun shining through her window

The next day, Persephone was happy to see the sun shining through her window. So, she quickly got dressed, before grabbing two important books, one for herself, and one for Lucy. Finding her little sister, she smiled gently. "Come on, there is a tree out there waiting for us, to read of adventures, with Kings and Queens." She said to the little girl, Lucy smiled at her big sister, the two walking outside.

The two sat peacefully outside, with the warm air passing over them, the sounds of the rustling leaves was all they heard. It was a truly peaceful day. Lucy was laid with her head on her older sisters chest, as Persephone read the story to her. Persephone's voice was soothing, her voice always was soothing, it was something she could not help. But when she told stories, it was like you were in them, Persephone was just that good at it. Even kids in their street came over for the stories she would read, or even make up.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" They hear Peter shout, as he bowls the cricket ball, when suddenly a thump is heard. The ball had hit Edmund's leg.

"Ow!" Edmund shouted, rubbing his leg in pain, catching Persephone's and Lucy's attention. Lucy annoyed that Persephone's attention was now on them, and not the story.

"Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream." Peter laughs at the boy. Persephone's glare was on Peter's face, she was not impressed with the boy, and Peter flinched at the sight of her eyes on him.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asked.

"I thought you said it was a kid's game." Peter muttered, avoiding his older sisters' eyes.

Susan then chooses to speak up. "Besides, we could all use the fresh air."

"It's not like there isn't air inside." Edmund muttered, but Lucy and Persephone heard him loud and clear.

"Are you ready?" Peter asks the young boy.

"Are you?" Edmund asks furiously, as he beats his bat on the ground. Peter pitches the ball hard, and Edmund thwacks it hard. It smashes through an upstairs window.

The children run inside and came to see a broken window and the suit of armor on the floor, pieces everywhere. "Well, done, Ed." Peter says, putting all blame on the younger boy.

"Peter!" Persephone scolds, as Edmund retaliates.

"You bowled it!"

Mrs. Macready's voice soon rings out in the hall. "What on earth is goin' on?"

Footsteps are heard loudly approaching them. "The Macready!" Susan gasps, she was terrified of the repercussions they would all face.

"Run!" Peter orders, as he grabs Persephone's hand, the older girl grabbed Lucy's as he pulled them out. The children run around the house looking for a place to hide. "Come on!" Peter says as they continue running frantically. The footsteps appear to be everywhere.

"No, no, back, back, back." Edmund rambles, as he now leads the way into the spare room, runs up to the wardrobe and opens the door. "Come on!"

"Oh, you've got to be joking." Susan mutters, but the children ran into the wardrobe, and Peter peaks out through the crack in the door. Persephone had her arms wrapped around Lucy and Edmund as they walk back, further and further.

"Get back!" Susan whispers at them.

"My toe!" Lucy shouts.

Edmund shoots back at her. "I'm not on your toe! Move back."

"Will you stop shoving?" Peter says as Persephone, stands outside in the winter wonderland of Narnia. Susan and Peter soon fall backwards into the snow. Seeing their older sister, they get up from under the tree branches and look around. Seeing Narnia for the first time.

Susan gasps. "Impossible."

Lucy rolls her eyes gently before saying to her older brother and sister. "Don't worry. I'm sure it's just your imagination."

Peter looks ashamed before saying, "I don't suppose saying we're sorry would quite cover it."

Lucy looks at them, as Persephone subtly passes her a snowball. "No. It wouldn't." She says before she hits Peter in the face with the snowball. "But that might!" She laughed. The siblings laugh before Peter throws one back at her and a snowball fight begins.

"Oh!" Lucy gasps, as Persephone throws one back at Peter helping her little sister. Their little snowball fight continues, until Susan throws her own snowball, hitting Edmund in the arm.

"Ow!" Edmund shouts as he rubs his arm. "Stop it!"

It was then that both Peter and Susan realise that Edmund had lied to them. "You little liar!" Peter shouts. Peresphone instantly took her spot in between the two.

"You didn't believe her, either!" Edmund defends himself.

"Peter, that is enough, Edmund understands that he was wrong to lie, but just remember, neither you nor Susan believed Lucy either." Peresphone stated staring her brother down. "Would you have believed Edmund if he told you as well, that he went to Narnia, or would you do what you both always do."

"What do we do?" Susan mutters.

"Both of you have always, always belittled him, even when he believed in things at the same age as Lucy, he's just doing exactly what he older siblings did to him." Peresphone states. Susan and Peter both look down in shame, as Peresphone turned to Edmund, "and you, are not out of this either, you know how it feels, so why did you do that to Lucy?"

Edmund sighs before looking at Lucy. "I'm sorry, Lucy, I just didn't want to be belittled again." He whispered.

"I understand," Lucy says, smiling at Edmund.

"Now, since we are here, we aren't leaving, as I want to explore. So, Lucy... where do you want to go?" Peresphone asks their little sister with a smirk on her face.

Lucy grins, as she says to everyone. "I'd like you all to meet Mr. Tumnus!"

"Well, then Mr. Tumnus it is." Peter says as he goes back to the wardrobe.

Susan frowns as she looks to Peter. "But we can't go hiking in the snow dressed like this."

"No." Peter states. "But I'm sure the professor won't mind us using these." He continues as he starts handing out the fur coats, handing a beautiful light pink coat. "Anyway, if you think about it logically, we're not even taking them out of the wardrobe."

Edmund glares at Peter, as Persephone sighs. Knowing that Peter was getting back at Edmund for lying. "But that's a girl's coat!"

"I know." Peter states, smirking at their younger brother.