💐Chapter Two💐

War, war is a touchy subject one where the world is fighting against each other

War, war is a touchy subject one where the world is fighting against each other. When you lose someone, you love so dearly, feels like the world has ripped your heart out, makes harder to stop the tears as they spill down your face. Persephone only had to deal with the worrying, her father thankfully was still alive, but he was still fighting in the war. She often would stand before the window in their two-story home, watching the stars, almost pleading with them to light her father's way. She was a daddy's girl, always had been, her father taught her that life was not fair, and that we should always try to be fair to others, but that we should never be easy pickings. That is something Persephone lived by.

Sighing gently, the honey-brown haired girl leaned against the window seeing her youngest brother Edmund, reading away at a novel she had gifted him years ago, walking over to him, she sat down beside him, as she laid her cheek on his dark brown hair, reading over his shoulder. Edmund got himself comfortable as his chocolate brown eyes continued to scan the page, Persephone happily wrapped her arms around him, as they remained comforted by the other.

Sadly, their peace had been destroyed, as Persephone's head snapped towards the window, a resounding boom filling the cold London air. Their mother was quick to come into the room as the sirens blared through the streets. Edmund kept his book close to him as he walked to the window to get a closer look, but their mother stopped him. "Edmund! Get away from there! What do you think you're doing?!" She shouted as Peter came into the room. "Peter!" She called out.

Peter grabs onto Persephone's hand and reaches out capturing Edmund, yanking him away from the window. "Come on! To the shelter, now!" Peter shouted as he helped his eldest sister get to the door. Their mother bringing in Susan and Lucy. The family rush with hastened steps to their shelter, praying that they get to see another day, praying to see the sun rise in the sky once more. Praying to see their husband and father soon.

Persephone was the third last to go inside the shelter, Helen Pevensie helping Susan in calming the crying Lucy, when suddenly Edmund halts, turning away from the shelter. "Edmund!" Persephone shouts, fear in her green eyes.

"Wait, dad!" Edmund shouts, as though his sisters sweet voice had not shouted his name, the boy was gone.

Peter was quick to shout their brother's name. "Ed!"

"Edmund, no!" Persephone shrieks, watching as their brother disappears inside, her eyes were beginning to fill with tears as Peter turns to his eldest sister.

"I'll get him!" Peter states as he rushes after his brother. Persephone could feel her heart pounding in her ribcage as she watches Peter rush away from her.

"Peter, come back!" She shouts, as the tears now slip down her face. Persephone waited patiently for her brothers, but her heart was pounding, feeling it hitting her ribcage. It wasn't long before the two boys came barreling out of their home, running towards the shelter. "Come on! Hurry!" Persephone shouted, taking a step back inside, she watches as Peter shoves Edmund into a bed in the shelter.