💐Chapter Four💐

Persephone's eyes fluttered open as she heard the sound of the rain pattering against window, she sighed sadly

Persephone's eyes fluttered open as she heard the sound of the rain pattering against window, she sighed sadly. She knew then it was going to be no time for them outside. She looked over to her siblings seeing them all still fast asleep. Slowly the eldest girl got up and made her way to her room to change into a new dress. She made sure to pick out Lucy's outfit, the young Pevensie absolutely adored her seats outfits and wanted to look like her, but of course Persephone made sure Lucy understood that being herself was better than being someone else.

The rest of her siblings were quick to get ready and follow their sister, all in a row, with their big sister leading. Seeing the siblings walking into the room Mrs. Macready almost cooed at the siblings, especially seeing them going from oldest to youngest. They all enjoyed their breakfast before trying to find something to do inside the giant mansion. Which they knew would be difficult due to the plenty of rules they had been given just yesterday.

So, they found themselves inside the library, Edmund was underneath a chair fiddling with something, Peter was laying on the ground looking at the ceiling, Persephone had Lucy between her legs as she played with her little sister's hair, and Susan had a dictionary on her lap as she read a word and asked them to define the word and where its origin was.

"'Gastrovascular.' Come on, Peter. Gastrovascular." Susan said, looking at their brother.

Peter sighed softly. "Is it Latin?" He questioned.

"Yes." Susan said with a bright smile.

Edmund sits up from under the chair as he says, "is it Latin for 'worst game ever invented'?"

Susan's eyes flickered with annoyance as she slams the dictionary shut, annoyed with their younger brother. "We could play hide-and-seek!" Lucy says smiling brightly. Persephone smiled at the idea; she really hoped her siblings would agree with their little sister.

"But we're already having so much fun." Peter said mocking Susan, whose eyes narrowed onto him.

Lucy whined and pleaded with Peter. "Come on Peter, please! Pretty please?"

Peter smiled before counting. "One, two, three, four..."

"What?" Edmund shouted in shock, as Peter continues counting.

"...five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven...

The children run to hide. Lucy goes to hide behind a curtain, but Edmund runs up and pushes her out. Persephone right behind the younger girl, seeing what happened and hearing exactly what Edmund said, "I was here first!" he said.

Running after the little girl the two found an empty room, but with a covered wardrobe just in the center against the back wall. The two share a look before slowly going over to the wardrobe, Lucy grabs the sheet and pulls it off the wardrobe, letting them see the beautiful carved wood. It was beautiful. "...75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92..." the two could still hear Peter counting as they stepped inside the wardrobe, leaving the door open of course. The two step back, back, back, and back, when something cold reached them, the two turn to find themselves in a snowy wonderland. Lucy looks amazed at what she sees and is completely in awe of it all, but to Persephone looked worried to be there, something about it was wrong, it didn't feel right in some way. She did not speak up about it. The two check to make sure they can get back out through the wardrobe. A few minutes later, they walk up to a lamppost, burning in the middle of the woods. Persephone grabs her sister's hand as they hear hoofbeats. A Faun steps out from among the trees.