||Chapter 3||

Dev pov

I was sitting next to Subhiksha who was on her I don't know 15th glass. Exactly that time Vijaya came. I didn't notice her today completely but oh my the dress she wore and the way she carried it.......Her voice broke my thoughts.

Vijaya : Why did you tell him?

Me : I told him because I felt like telling him.

Vijaya : Seriously. Your mother already hates me and my son and now this. What will she think?

Me : For the record my mother hates me and Nikhil since we were born.

"What kind of a drama your son did?!"

Speak of the devil and the devil is here. Me and my mother have always hated each other. I knew why of course but I wasn't a stupid to tell anyone else.

Me : My son plundered someone's head on the bar counter and right now that person is in the hospital.

Pritha : This is a bad name to our house. What if your son gets arrested?

"I will go to jail and come back the next day."

My son along with Abhimanyu joined us. There was a plaster on his hand which I assume was from the earlier 'drama'.

Me : He won't lodge a complaint. He values his money more and would definitely not want the Pandav as his enemy.

Pritha : Abhi make sure your siblings don't bring up any drama. You are the only good grandson of mine.

Abhimanyu gave her a fake smile and Pritha left.

Subhiksha : She just comes out of nowhere and vanishes the next minute. You are her favorite grandson? (mimicking Pritha's voice)

Abhimanyu : i guess. I mean she never likes Suthanu. She and Samyuktha disagree with everything. She considers Rudraksh a burden. She hates Siddharth's guts. So yeah I am her favorite.

Subhiksha gave him a fake smile. Of course this was something that me and her only knew and we couldn't let the others know till they trust us again.

Vijaya : Do something.

She took the drink from my hand and left. Siddharth looked confused while Subhiksha and Abhimanyu laughed. Exactly that time Arjun joined us.

Arjun : Is your hand okay Sid?

Siddharth : yes uncle.

Arjun : Good. Subhiksha are you just going to sit in one place the whole party?

Subhiksha : i am on my 15th glass if I walk I will lose balance my dear husband.

Abhimanyu pov

Why is my mother randomly ending every sentence with 'my dear husband'?

Siddharth : Tara 5o clock talking with another man.

Everyone laughed while flicker

Me : its not my concern who she talks to.

Subhiksha : Is it trouble in paradise?

Me : no Its just not my concern. How would you feel if dad went on a date?

Subhiksha : First of all I wouldn't know and second of all I wouldn't care.

Arjun (real hurt) : i am so hurt.

Subhiksha : Very funny

I don't think my mother understood when my father said I am so hurt because she just laughed. Can't she read between words? My father has spent days thinking about her and she just doesn't care.

From a corner I saw Tara and she was talking to someone. I went over there. Of course I was kidding when I said it wasn't my concern.

Me : Anyone I know. Mr.Abhimanyu Pandav son of.....

"Dude its me your cousin Laxman."

Me : Okay that was a twist. How do you know her?

Laxman : We studied together in the same school. She took so long to recognize me.

Me : I thought you had memory loss?

Tara : I do but some memory just come back. Its really weird.

Me : I can see that. Laxman you saw grandma?

Laxman : No but I saw your sisters and Samyu just looks hot.

Me : Dude she is your cousin.

Laxman : So? And I saw this girl named Avneet. It seems she is your fiance's sister. I was talking to Tara if she was single or not.

Tara : She is single.

Laxman : Lucky me.

Laxman was the kind that will use a girl and throw her like a tissue and I don't think Tara knew that.

Me : Laxman she is the love of Siddharth and we both know how Siddharth's temper is. We just saw it. He did it to prove a point to Rajveer. We may never know what he will do to you.

Laxman narrowed his eyes.

Laxman : I am going to talk to Avneet lets see what he does.

He then just left. Well my plan backfired.

Tara : I thought Siddharth hates her.

Me : He does. 

Tara looked at me and for a second I could see how she was in college. Why did she leave? How come I never knew about the accident?

Tara : I am tired.

Me : lets go to our respective rooms then.

We both in the steps area. Here  was the bride and the groom rooms. She was about to go up the steps when her dress made her trip. I held her and we both looked at each other. I moved my face closer to her. Tara's eyes went from my lips to my eyes. And the moment got ruined by my own parents.

"Hey guys."

Tara : Why is Arjun uncle carrying you?

I looked confused and turned around. My father was carrying my mother.

Subhiksha : Long story short I was walking to the new bar counter when someone broke their glass near my leg and well glass pieces went inside my leg. As you can understand I can no longer walk. So my dear husband is carrying me.

My god why is my father like a knight in shinning amour? I rolled my eyes.

Me : Since this image is not going to leave my brain a humble request to the both of you. Don't fall in love. I am serious.