Chapter 8 - Kazuyuki

"So that's it?"

A voice echoed out in a black space around Kazuyuki. He felt like he was floating in a sea of nothingness. He slowly looked side to side to try to find the source of the voice.

"Back here, dummy..."

Kazuyuki slowly turned his head, and his body followed. As he turned, he saw a beautiful girl, floating just behind him. Her long black hair flowing like there was a gentle breeze. She appeared to be about his age.

"What's your deal?" Her face was stern. Kazuyuki felt this was a familiar scene... But he couldn't place where he's experienced it. "I know you're a quiet boy... But this is ridiculous. Are you not going to fight for your friend?"

Kazuyuki opened his mouth to speak... But his voice didn't work.

The girl sighed, and her face grew annoyed. "Unbelievable..." She looked up at him with a neutral, but determined look. "Is it because of this?" As she spoke, she held her hand out and swung it behind her. Suddenly, a massive brick wall appeared behind her that seemed to extend forever in all directions. Kazuyuki examined it, and noticed some parts of the wall were derelict, with pieces missing and nearly an entire section crumbling away.

"The expression 'talking to a brick wall' was never so accurate..." The girl turned to the left and looked up the wall. Then she took a deep breath. "You need to find a way to deal with this, Kazuyuki..."

Her head turned to face Kazuyuki once again... But this time, the left side of her face had a steady stream of blood flowing from the side of her head...

"Or she's gonna end up looking like me..."

***

Kazuyuki snapped forward, wide awake and breathing heavily. He looked around and quickly analyzed his surroundings.

He was on a car of the high speed train as it rocketed north towards the Sendai Station. The class had to get a pretty early start to ensure they were at the resort at a proper time after the six and a half hour journey, so the sun was high above them, giving him a full view of the Japanese countryside.

He made sure he was one of the first ones on the train, so he could sit in one of the corners of the car. This would allow Katsuki to find a seat around others without it being awkward. At least that was his thought process. Rekka and Haruna decided they'd follow him, so at least he wouldn't be sitting alone for the trip... Not that they had much of a choice.

It turns out the group that was filming the independent film yesterday were actually students in their class. And Takashi got along well with them. They, along with Takashi and Katsuki, had taken over the middle of the car and were conversing with each other. Laughing at random times and generally having a good time.

"Kazu?" Kazuyuki looked over at his sister, who was giving him a concerned look. "I wondered if I should have woken you up... But I know you didn't sleep well last night."

Kazuyuki shook his head, slightly. "I'm alright... Just a strange dream..."

He looked up again. He noticed some of the people in the middle of the train car were giving him strange looks...

"I heard on the platform that Takashi had told everyone about what happened yesterday..." Haruna said, under her breath, so only the three of them could hear. "Guess it didn't take much for them to believe him..."

"Hm..." Kazu sighed and sank into his chair so no one could see him.

"It doesn't matter," Rekka huffed. "They can believe what they want. We know the truth. As long as they don't try to cause trouble."