Chapter - 14

Class 2-A was buzzing with conversation today. A stark contrast to the last couple of days when no idle conversation was happening and an air of despair hung over everyone. Why was everyone so active today?

At the start of the day, Ms. Aki, who had been fairly depressed since they returned from the ski resort; announced that their two fallen classmates would be returning to school soon. This had the whole class talking amongst themselves. But at the time, Rekka and Haruna were not taking part.

Now that Katsuki and Kazuyuki were awake, Rekka and Haruna were working even harder to try to do everything they could to get them caught up, so there would be no issues. The main thing they were doing was trying to figure out how to consolidate as many lessons as possible into the most concise and cohesive notes possible. During their midday break, they pushed their desks together so they would disturb the least amount of people.

"So we could probably combine this here, right?" Haruna asked as she pushed a piece of paper to Rekka. Rekka looked over and examined the notes.

"Yea, this equation is basically a build up to these," Rekka pointed to another set of notes. "As long as they understand the basic one, they should be able to pick up on the additions, easily."

"Cool. I can handle that," Haruna pulled the notes back and started writing on a fresh sheet of paper.

"Hey, guys!" The girls looked up to see Himari smiling brightly at them. Shinto standing closely behind her. "Whatcha doing?"

"Hey, Himari," Rekka sighed as she stretched. "We're trying to get notes together for Kat and Kazu."

"They're sharp to be sure," Haruna said while continuing to write notes. "But even they are gonna need help catching up after nearly a week of being out."

"Oh, that makes sense!" Shinto leaned over their desks. "Can we help, somehow?"

"I have the quizzes for history on me!" Himari said. "Ms. Aki said the questions will also be on the upcoming tests. Would it help to compile them?"

"It would, actually," Rekka smiled. "I keep those at home, but it would be good to make sure we catch everything."

Shinto slapped Rekka's desk, lightly. "We can handle that. Don't you worry!"

"Can we help, too?" Haruna and Rekka looked to see a student from their class that they didn't know very well. "I think I have the English quizzes in my bag."

"I'd hate to see them fall behind."

One by one, students approached Rekka and Haruna, offering up what notes they had on their various subjects. Rekka could only watch on in stunned shock. She hadn't realized how much of an impact Kazuyuki had on the class.

"My!" The class' attention was brought to the front of the class by Ms. Aki standing at the doorway with a big smile on her face. "It makes me so happy to see my students coming together to help their classmates. I couldn't be more proud!" Ms. Aki focused her gaze on Rekka and Haruna. "But, you might not have to work as hard as you think..." Ms. Aki stepped into the room and looked towards the hallway.

Katsuki, with her hand in Kazuyuki's for support, slowly walked into the room. She looked up at everyone with a slightly concerned look on her face. She wasn't sure how everyone would treat her after everything.

The whole class, including Rekka and Haruna, looked at the two in shock. But after a moment, they all smiled, brightly.

"Katsuki!" Himari was first on the draw. She dropped her bag and quickly approached the two. Followed closely and quickly by the rest of the class. But as Himari got close and was about to hug Katsuki, Kazuyuki quickly crossed his other arm in front of her to stop Himari. She stopped and looked at Kazuyuki, his long bangs hiding his eyes, confused and a bit disappointed.