Chapter 5 - Kazuyuki and Katsuki

A week had passed.

Even after the awkward encounter on the beach, Katsuki and Takashi had grown slightly closer over that time, talking more and more as the days went on.

Haruna and Rekka were even warming up to him as well. They would often joke about random things, and they even practiced some soccer moves together during lunch if they felt comfortable with their studies. Speaking of their studies, they had never done better with Takashi in the group.

He would often join the others at the Chai Café for their after school study sessions. He was a brilliant kid. Seeming very proficient in math, particularly in analytics and finances. It made sense, given the job he's potentially going for after graduating. Because of his proficiency, their most struggled subject was finally being tamed.

But Kazuyuki still held some concern.

Every time Takashi attempted to talk to him, Kazuyuki would get this weird feeling of something trying to get into his head and sway his thoughts. Like a viper trying to slither into his skull through his ears. Because of this, while still being cordial and respectful, he always kept an eye on Takashi... Especially when he talked to Katsuki.

But unfortunately, he assumed this sentiment was his and his alone. The rest of the group, even his own sister, were getting along with him well. So he did his best to hide his... Whatever this feeling was that he had, he should keep hidden for the good of his friends, so he didn't cause any issues with them.

The Friday of the next week, Takashi came to the group's class, brimming with excitement, grinning from ear to ear. Before anyone had a real chance to react to his rapid approach, he almost slammed his hands on Katsuki's desk.

"Guess what?" Takashi asked, still grinning.

"Uhh..." Katsuki couldn't hide her confusion.

"What's going on?" Haruna asked, smiling slightly.

"I got my Dad's permission to take us to a ski resort in a couple of weeks!" Takashi excitedly proclaimed.

"A ski resort?" Katsuki asked.

"Are they already open here?" Rekka asked. "Sure, it's starting to get cooler, and we are coming up to fall, but I figured it'd still be awhile."

"Not here!" Takashi pulled out a pamphlet. "But this resort a few hours north is open. They are high enough to still get enough natural snow in the summer. And they've recently overhauled!"

The group examined the pamphlet, which did indeed confirm that they were currently operating. It seemed that this was actually peak season for them, with the weather being relatively calm for a vast majority of the season. It seemed like now would be the perfect time to go.

"It does sound like fun," Haruna sighed. "But I've never really been skiing before."

"It's been awhile for us, too," Rekka nodded to Kazuyuki. "He used to be a really good snowboarder."

"Hmm..." Kazuyuki nodded in agreement.

"But I kinda feel bad..." Katsuki said, while shrinking in her chair a bit.

"Why?" Takashi asked, clearly confused.

"'Cause we are talking about this in the middle of our class..." The group looked around and noticed that the entire class was looking at them, listening in, as if trying to hold back their own wants. Clearly, skiing is a favorite here.

"Well!" Takashi stood up straight and addressed the class. "From what I've heard, 2-A is quite ahead in their studies. I bet we could get permission from the school to make it a class trip!"