Chapter Fifty Three.

~~~~

So far away but still so near...
The lights come on, the music dies!
But you don't see me standing here...
I just came to say goodbye!!

~~~~

Rory~

Rory~

Sarah and I drove her bicycle, as we reached down the streets of Figure Eight. Worry escalating in me as soon as I saw some police cars and several sirens echoing down the street. A huge crowd of the neighbours living on this street was out looking as well.

"Shit, Sarah...there's people everywhere, here..." I said.

"Holy crap...Rory, you can't be seen by anyone okay? You need to try and stay hidden," Sarah replied as she stopped paddling the bicycle a few yards away. 

"Okay, okay, I'll hide in the woods," I nodded as I got of the back. Sarah nodded as I turned around and started to run towards the huge treeline that covered the other side of the road. I quickly hide myself behind a huge tree, watching Sarah continue to drive down the road. 

I see the crowd dispersing, chattering loudly and frantically. 

Fucking hell! Please don't be caught! 

I see Sarah stop and talk with a girl, then just look around silently, contemplating what to do next, while my heart was beating faster and faster with anxiety. I looked around and my breath got caught in my throat as I saw Rafe pacing down aggressively nearby with Kelce walking around him like a lost puppy. 

Fuck. Rafe can't see me...if he does, it'll be worse than what's happening, right now.

I sigh and try to take deep breaths, my hands balled into fists as I see Sarah turn on her bicycle and start to paddle. She turned her head to look at me and she nodded towards the road on the left side. I give her a thumbs up before starting to walk towards her while staying hidden in the thick treeline.

"What happened? Is he..." I asked as I reached her and we started to walk down the road as she lead the way.

"He's not caught," She replied, shaking her head. 

"Thank god," I let out a sigh of relief and nodded.

"Patty said they are going towards Shem Creek to look for him," Sarah informed.

"Should we go there?" I frowned, heart picked up racing as my worry increased again.

"I've...I don't know, but I've got a feeling that he's somewhere else..." Sarah replied, making me frown. 

"Where?" I asked as we continued to walk down the road that was silent and empty.

Sarah stopped walking as we both came to a halt, she looked up at the building we were standing in front off. I look up at the abandoned church, not understanding why we were here.