✝️22✝️

WARNINGS: "Nuclear bombs" "Death" "Evil" "Apocalypse"

Sophia's POV:

Mallory asks, "A thousand nuclear bombs? How can we stop that?" I say, "We can't" Mom, "Michael's already too powerful. He can counteract anything we hope to try."

Coco, "I finally find my place in the world, and now it's all going to end. I'm not ready to die. Not to make it all about me." Myrtle, "Actually, it is all about you now."

Myrtle, "Your father will be purchasing tickets for you and your family to inhabit one of The Cooperative's Outposts." Madison asks, "Coco is the plan? The calorie counter's going to save humanity?"

Mom, "No, Mallory and Sophia are. Coco is going to secure her place at the bunker. We have once chance to use Tempus Infinituum. We can't risk trying it until Mallory and Sophia are ready."

Myrtle, "The only place where we know you'll survive is under Michael's nose. In one of his bunkers." Madison, "He can smell a witch a mile away, like some kind of evil truffle pig." I say, "She does have a point."

Madison, "He'll kill them before they can do anything." Mom, "That's why we're going to place them both under an identity spell. Sophia will stay with me. You'll forget that you're witches. You'll forget everything you ever knew about yourselves. The spell will give you new identities, new personalities."

Mom, "Your job will be to demean Mallory. Make her doubt herself in order to suppress her natural powers, so that no one can detect her magic." Myrtle, "We've modeled your new personality after Madison."

Coco was sincerely against the whole idea, "No. There must be another way" Madison, "Consider it an upgrade." Coco, "Will my family still remember that I'm a witch?" Myrtle, "Your family won't be joining you."

Mom, "We have to eliminate all variables that might expose you" Coco, "But can we just put them under a spell, too?" Mom, "Until the Apocalypse comes, yes. But it would be too risky to have them in the bunker with you."

Myrtle, "We'll make sure they're out of the country, and too far from the Outposts to make it to safety in time." Coco states, "My parents are good people, and my brother is kind. They deserve it, so much more than I do."

Mallory, "I don't think I can be responsible for the lives of seven billion people" I agree, "Me either" Mom, "Yes, you can. When the time comes, you will." Mallory asks, "How will I know that when if I'm under a spell?"

Gosh, with all of these damn questions. Mom, "Your powers will emerge when they are ready." Mallory, "After you cast the spell. Will we remember you?" Mom, "Not until the spell is broken."

Madison, "And by then, we all might be piles of ash" Mallory, "This is goodbye?" Myrtle commands, "Gather around, witches." We do as she commands.

Myrtle, "And so it falls unto us to save mankind from itself. And yes, some of us will die, but you three will live. So the Coven will live on. So the world will live on." Mom, "You ready?" Coco fiercely shook her head, "No."

Mallory and Coco held hands, "How could I be mean to you? You've taught me everything I know. You saved my life. You are my best friend, Mallory. I am so sorry for whatever comes out of my mouth on the other side."

While Coco cries, Mallory soothes, "It's okay. I know you won't mean it. Spell or no spell, I'd never let anything happen to you. If the world's gonna end, at least we'll be together." They share a hug.

My mother begins their ritual by blowing dust in their face. She puts her hands on top of their heads and begins the spell. We had to help her continue to stand when the power drained her after completing the spell.