Chapter Thirty-four

JJ's POV:

"So what's your love life going? Heard about Lemon head."

"LaMontagne" I corrected, "and can you please stop bugging me about it. You don't hear me asking you about that nurse."

"Clarissa." She corrected me, "whatever." I said.

"Why are you in such a mood? Lighten up."

"I'm not in a mood. You just keep on asking me stuff when I told you billions of times to shut up."

"Wow."

"Emily- I didn't mean it like that."

"No, no, you're good. It's okay. Im going to go upstairs and change, and do other stuff..."

"Emily-" she walked off.

I didn't mean to come off as rude. She just kept bugging me about Will. And to be honest I don't even know what we are. We talk, but not everyday. We're more like friends.

I decided to walk back up into Emily's room, "Emily, open up." No answer, "Emily! Open up, please."

"I'm crippled."

"And? You were walking just fine."

"Just come in Jennifer." Jennifer? Where did that come from? She never calls me Jennifer. The only time she's ever called me Jennifer is when we first met. "What is it you want?"

"You need to eat."

"I already did."

"A pop tart and milk isn't enough, Emily."

"It is for me."

"Emily, please don't be a pain in my ass."

"Says you." She mumbled, but I don't know if I heard correctly, "what was that? May you repeat it?" I said walking towards her and putting my ear towards her face. She stayed quiet, "come and eat."

"I'm not hungry." At this point I got tired of her. So I grabbed her good arm and started dragging her off her bed, "JJ! You are going to break another bone!"

"Maybe next time you'll listen."

"Jennifer, I don't want to eat. I. am. Not. Hungry." She said, emphasizing the not.

"You still need to eat properly."

"I have gotten used to the food meals the guys had given me. The food at the hospital was almost exactly the same."

"They didn't feed you?" I said, stopping.

"Help me up." I grabbed Emily's arm and pulled her up, "answer my question, Emily."

"They did, just not as much. If I was lucky that day I would get bread along with my weird tasting mash potatoes and rice."

"That's all they gave you?" I felt bad now. I felt even more bad once she nodded, "don't feel bad. It's not your fault, plus you I don't even speak about what they did to me to people, so how would've you known?"

"By telling me what they did." Emily was skeptical and started walking, well limping down the stairs. "I know you don't want to, but we share the same trauma." I said, following her to wherever she was going. "No, we don't Jareau." She said, limping down another flight of stairs.

"Yes, we do." I said, "You left without a scratch. Your test were clean, mine weren't. So, don't say 'we share the same trauma,' when we do not."

"Right, I'm sorry. But you need to talk about this, to someone, anyone."

"You aren't my therapist."

"You're going to therapy?" I asked relieved that she's talking to someone. "No," oh my God.