Chapter Twenty- Six

JJ's Pov:

When Hotch asked me and Elle to go undercover, something in me felt upset and weird. Don't get me wrong, I love Elle, but I didn't want to go undercover with her.

I wasn't going to say anything about it, but Elle spoke up.

Hotch then switched it and made Emily go undercover with me.

It felt right. Amazing even.

That was until I realized what we really have to do undercover.

"Your names are going to stay the same. Your last names are going to change, tho, so Emily, your name is going to be Emily Wilson. JJ, your name will be Jennifer Johnson." We nodded in agreement.

Hotch decided to keep my name with double J so Emily can still call me JJ even though she calls me Jennifer. I don't know why, though.

"You guys met in college. You guys studied in psychology to become a therapist. Emily, you are 32. JJ, you are 29. You'll be living in an apartment, one bedroom, one bathroom, living room, and kitchen. I told Garcia to get an apartment with a balcony, so there should also be a balcony. Reminder you guys are a couple, so act like it. Make sure if you go to public areas, hold hands, kiss, hug, do whatever you would do with your regular girlfriend or boyfriend. If both of you guys go onto the balcony at the same time, make sure you guys act like a couple. That's it if you have any questions you can come to me about it." Hotch said existing the conference room.

I completely forgot we have to kiss, I was so happy to spend time with Emily that I completely forgot we may have to kiss.

"You okay?" Emily asked, eating a cookie.

"Yes, when did you get cookies?" I asked out of curiosity.

"When you were staring into space." Emily said, still eating a cookie.

"Want one?" Emily asked, holding the cookie bag towards me.

"Sure??" I said.

I grabbed a cookie, and Emily walked out of the room.

----

Emily's Pov:

While Jennifer was staring into space, I went to the vending machine to grab some cookies since I was hungry.

I went back into the conference room, and she was still staring into space, so I asked the obvious question.

"You okay?"

She said yes. I didn't think much of it because she's probably thinking about the whole undercover thing.

I gave her a cookie and walked out of the conference room.

"So... you and blondie going undercover?" Elle asked with a smirk.

She's the only one who knows I like Jennifer.

"Yes.."

"You know you'll have to kiss her, hug her, hold her." Elle said, grabbing a cookie from my cookie bag.

"Since when did I tell you, you can grab a cookie?" I said.

She still ate the cookies.

"Are you nervous?"

"Yes, but I mean, we'll probably just hold hands. We may not even kiss." I said.

"Please, who goes undercover as a couple with their crush and not kiss them?" Elle said.

She had a point. It may be the only time I would be able to kiss Jennifer. I might as just well take the opportunity.

"You're right." I said, eating the last cookie.