80 (Bonus chapter)

Bruno stalked through the halls, avoiding cameras by staring at the ground, the baseball cap on his head did the rest. He looked like a simple ordinary man weaving past doctors and nurses.

He sighted someone dump a nursing attire into a bin, scanning the surrounding before he made his move, he picked the off white shirt and trousers entering the nearest room.

He stood in front of the door watching the group of people pass by, no one had noticed him.

"You're new here aren't you?" A soft voice said behind him

Bruno's hand subconsciously gripped the Beretta hidden in front of his jeans, "New?"

"Yea, you're a resident aren't you?" She asked.

"Uh yeah I am." He dropped his hand turned. The lady standing there should be no more than twenty-five but the charming smile on her lips and the perfect set of her shoulders told him she was older than that.

"It's alright to be scared sometimes." She slammed her locker shut, sitting to put on her black and white vans, but it wasn't the shoes Bruno was staring at, it was the rose gold bracelet on her left wrist. He might be a hit man but he recognized fancy things. "My first year, I was a scared little rabbit hopping off the walls trying to find my place."

"And did you?" Bruno asked, clarifying when he saw her confused face. "Find your place I mean."

"Yes I did." She eyed him again like she was seeing him clearer. "Did you say you were a resident?"

"Yes." He said, raising the nursing outfit.

"Uh huh." She slapped her thighs and stood up. "The thing is residents don't wear that and if you were a resident you would know who I am."

"I do know who you are." Bruno cleared his throat, feigning nervousness. "You make me nervous that's all."

"Who am I then?" She asked moving closer, her hands jammed into her pocket. "Or better still show me an ID, that'll be better, I'll know to look out for you in the OR, it's easier when you have a fourth year showing you the ropes."

"Yea that's nice. I'm Charval by the way, my ID is in my locker, give me a few minutes and-"

"I'm kidding." She giggled, tapping his shoulder like they were long time friends. "I'm totally messing with you."

Bruno averted his eyes quelling the rising rage in his head, Maxwell specifically demanded that the only casualty should be his daughter or this woman in front of him would be filled with bullet holes.

"I should change, my uniform is in my locker and I think someone else messed me." Bruno pointed at the uniform.

"Resident teasing." She waved her hand. "Go dress up, I'm heading out. I'll see you around Charval."

"And I'm Danielle though you probably know that but it's nice to meet you." She finally left leaving Bruno in comfortable silence.

Bruno stored her name in a dark part of his head as he changed his clothes.

Danielle. He might come back later on to put a bullet in her pretty little brain.

After checking his outfit a second time, he threw his previous clothes out of the window and watched it drop two feet down, mapping out an exit point and creating a reminder to go back for them to erase any evidence.

Watching the group of people pass by the door again, Bruno counted to ten and stepped out walking directly to the nurse's counter and asking for Heather Salvatore's charts.

She didn't look at him twice, thrusting the board at him while she tried to calm a woman whose son was apparently in surgery after a motorbike accident.