The Sunny Pair : All Parts

The Sunny Pair 1

Chinese : 阳阳一

Pinyin : Yáng Yáng

Chapter : 19

Published : August 16, 2016

__________

The Sunny Pair - Part One is the nineteenth chapter of Mo Dao Zu Shi. The name "阳阳" may be a play on words, as it can mean both "contentment" and also "male-male."

Synopsis:

Back in the present day, Wei Wuxian is awoken by a knock on the door to the Jingshi. Lan Wangji has already left, and Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi are shocked to hear that "Master Mo" considers nine am too early, since the Gusu Lan Clan always rises at five in the morning.

Wei Wuxian's muscles ache from the Body-Locking Spell. He tells the juniors that he cannot get up, but claims that the reason is due to his shame from being "done" by Lan Wangji all night. Lan Jingyi is furious, and shouts at him to train his donkey more properly.

Wei Wuxian quickly scrambles for the door, insisting that no one harm the donkey, whom he has named Little Apple. Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi lead him to the back of the Cloud Recesses, where Little Apple brays nonstop due to the presence of many white, fluffy rabbits apparently kept by Lan Wangji.

Remembering that Lan Wangji once refused the rabbits Wei Wuxian handed him, Wei Wuxian muses that Lan Wangji has changed quite a bit.

Suddenly, a warning bell rings out from the Mingshi, the room where the elders are gathered. Before collapsing, a fleeing disciple says that Lan Wangji told him to find help.

Wei Wuxian instructs Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi to look after the injured disciple before forcing his way inside the Mingshi.

The elders have been knocked unconscious; only Lan Wangji is left standing. The Demonic Left Arm is the subject of the emergency, as it emits extremely strong resentful energy.

Wei Wuxian uses his bamboo flute to duet with Lan Wangji's guqin. To avoid suspicion, Wei Wuxian deliberately plays so terribly that Lan Qiren awakens from his coma to shout at him before collapsing again.

Evocation fails, implying that the soul of the person to whom the arm belonged was also cut apart along with their body. Fortunately, they discover that Rest succeeds in subduing the Demonic Left Arm.

After the elders are taken away, Lan Sizhui expresses his guilt, as he believes that the Demonic Left Arm intentionally sought them out. He explains that it was too vicious to have been in the vicinity of Mo Village for long, an analysis with which Wei Wuxian agrees.

Lan Wangji decides that he and Wei Wuxian will search for the arm's missing body parts while the juniors take care of Lan Qiren and the other elders. They decide to start with the northwest direction... as that is the direction the arm's finger points towards.

To keep up his lunatic act, Wei Wuxian merrily declares that they are leaving to elope together.

Characters in order of appearance: