05 'Sisters in Heart'

Anna, the hostess's daughter, approached Eva's room with concern. Upon entering, she was met with a disturbing sight: Eva lay unconscious on the floor. Anna quickly grabbed a glass of water and gently sprinkled it onto Eva's face, trying to rouse her from her unconscious state.

Eva slowly opened her eyes, but her gaze was distant and unfocused. She seemed to be in a daze, unaware of her surroundings. Anna's attempts to revive her had succeeded in bringing her back to a state of semi-awareness, but Eva's mind was still foggy, and she struggled to regain full consciousness.

Anna carefully helped Eva to the bathroom, where she gently cleaned her entire body and bathed her. Afterward, Anna dressed Eva in comfortable clothes, making sure she was cozy and relaxed. Throughout the process, Anna showed compassion and kindness, treating Eva with tenderness.

Anna gently placed Eva on the bed and turned to fetch some food, but her movement was suddenly halted. Someone's grip closed around her hand, sending a jolt of fear through her body. She froze, her heart racing, as she wondered who was holding her back.

"Orghh god, if it's a ghost, please go away!" Anna exclaimed, her voice trembling with fear. But instead of a spooky response, she was met with a faint, weak chuckle from behind her. The soft sound sent a wave of relief through her body, and she turned to see who was holding her hand.

"It's not a ghost, Anna, it's me," Eva whispered, her voice still weak but laced with amusement. Anna's fear gave way to relief as she turned to face Eva, who was struggling to smile.

"Orghh god, I nearly lost my heartbeat," Anna exclaimed, her hand still clasped in Eva's, her pulse still racing from the sudden scare.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to scare me like that just to say your stupid 'Thank you'?" Anna said, her voice laced with exasperation and familiarity. She knew what was coming next, having been in this situation many times before. Eva's weak smile and sheepish gaze confirmed her prediction, and Anna couldn't help but roll her eyes in anticipation of the inevitable.

"Ha! Oh, you got me," Anna chuckled, shaking her head as she sat up in bed.

"Same shit, different day," she added with a wry smile, familiar with the routine of Eva's dramatic thank-yous. "Seriously, Eva?" she asked, her tone a mix of disappointment and amusement, not surprised in the least by Eva's antics.

Eva's soft voice overflowed with heartfelt gratitude as she whispered, "But, Thank you!" with a gentle smile.

“Why can't you just shut up and rest, while I bring the food, huh? Is that too much to ask?” Anna asked, throwing up her hands in mock frustration, knowing that Eva's inevitable thanks would come the moment she did something nice, like bringing food.

"No, it's not," Eva replied, her voice soft and obedient.

"Okay, then wait here, I'll be back," Anna said, already heading out of the room. She returned moments later, carrying a steaming bowl of oats porridge, the aroma filling the air as she approached Eva.

"Wait, is that Oats porridge? I LOVE THIS!" Eva exclaimed, her eyes lighting up with excitement as she struggled to sit up straighter, momentarily forgetting her injuries in her enthusiasm. She even attempted to jump up on the bed, wincing in pain as she quickly remembered her limitations, but her face still radiated joy at the sight of the steaming bowl.