Emergency: I need you to stay

A/N: I had fun with my friends today, we hopped into different thrift stores today, bought some dried fish and squid for my mother because she likes eating it, we also ate in a new cafe named Gretel's. It was just fun all in all but I was so tired travelling back and forth. 

I hope you had a blast as well today.

**

The remainder of the night seems to fly by. Tin receives a bottle of beer, which he keeps with him until it gets too warm to even take a sip, but he makes an effort to mingle as much as possible. He and Mai have a protracted conversation about golf, of all things, until Prem interrupts and they switch to soccer. This leads to a furious argument about who will win the Cup that year.

Prem is a devoted Sharks fan, but Mai is willing to back Sullivan and the Falconers. Eventually, Saint baits him into a beer pong match, in which Rei easily defeats him in a number of rounds. At that point, Tin is just mildly intoxicated enough to agree to a quick game of chicken, with Saint taking on Yacht and Jom.

When Tin realizes he hasn't seen Can in a while, it's almost midnight. He makes up a lame excuse about needing to go to the bathroom and sneaks inside the house to look for him. Predictably, he finds Can in the kitchen, retrieving ingredients from the cabinets.

"Tin!" Can shouts. "What're you doing in here? The cooler is outside where all the refreshments are."

Tin surveys the ingredients arranged in front of him as he leans against the counter. "I could pose the same question to you."

"Remember that we've already had this conversation?" Can rolls his eyes and says.

Tin chuckles. "This time, what are you making? "

"Simple apple pie," Can remarks as he takes some butter from the refrigerator. He gives him a reflective look. "You could come and help me if you're going to be here."

Tin is unsure. He sheepishly says, "I've never really baked anything before."

"Then, aren't you fortunate to have me right now?" Can says as he moves an apple bag in his direction. He pauses and gives Tin a quick once-over, which causes his cheeks to flush pink. "You can start by peeling those. Well, perhaps start by putting on a shirt."

"Oh," Tin exclaims, realizing he's still wet from the pool and has gone entirely shirtless. "I apologize. I'll go get—" He dashes back to the bedroom, where he had left his duffle earlier, and quickly finds a t-shirt. He throws it on and heads back to the kitchen. "Better?" As he approaches the counter, he says.

Can smiles and hands him a vegetable peeler, confirming, "Much."

Can shows him the rest of the recipe, and Tin follows his instructions to the letter, but he won't work with the dough—rather, he just sits on his stool and watches Can cook. No matter how much of a natural Can was at work, it's refreshing to see him in his element. Tin's never seen Can quite like this, like he's totally at home. As if he was destined to roll out pie crusts and fill kitchens with divine aromas.

"Have I ever told to you why I took you on?" Tin inquires as he takes an apple slice from a bowl close by.

Can gives him a questioning glance. "Was it a result of my baking?" He chuckles.

Tin smiles. "Or something related. Remember how every time you brought something to an interview, I would always refuse to eat it?"

Can laughs at that. "Good Heavens. Back then, you were really strict about your diet."

He laughs along with Tin, who shakes his head at his former self. "You were adamant about finding me something to eat." He snatches another apple slice to mock Can, saying, "That's when I knew you were the kind of person who wouldn't quit just because things got hard. After reading an article in the magazine about my pregame, you made me a peanut butter and jelly pie, and the rest is history."