Chapter One

The picture is Claire Smith.

I hear the sirens and I take off running. I dive under the bridge and steady my breathing. A hand places itself on my shoulder and a jump a kilometer. I turn to see a old man. He has long white hair with a beard just as long and the same color. And he is wearing a robe.

"Claire Elisa Smith?" He asks.

"Who wants to know?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow.

"I want to know."

"You're not here to take me back, are you?" Please say no. Please say no. I do not want to be with my parents at all. They creep me out with their obsession with dark magic. As if it's real.

"No. Let me buy you a meal and we'll talk about what I'm here to offer."

I know I shouldn't trust him, but I'm starving and I don't want to steal my next meal. I nod my head and he leads me along the London streets. We arrive at an old building. Words appear on the sign, reading 'Leaky Cauldron'.

The old man leads me in the place. It is so full of life and cheerfulness. We head to a table and one of the workers come over.

He has messy brown hair and bright blue eyes. He has to be around thirteen/fourteen years old. Can you say hot? What is wrong with me? I never start freaking out any guys.

"Diggory," the old man says with joy. "How are you?"

"Professor Dumbledore," he smiles. He has an amazing smile. And his voice is great. "I'm doing great. Just working my last day here so I can make sure I have everything for school."

"Good boy. Tell your dad I said hi."

"I will. Now what would you like?"

"The special please. How about you Claire?"

"I'll have the same."

Cedric goes to get our order. I remember why we're here.

"So? You had something to offer."

He hands me a letter. A crest with a badger, lion, snake, and eagle with an H is on it. It is adressed to me. I open it and start reading.

'Dear Ms.Smith, We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begin September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.'

"So," Dumbledore finally says. "You don't have to send an owl, just let me know what you think."

"Yes," I practically shout. I can actually go to school. I had to teach myself how to read and write with news paper and math with thrown out math homework. Cedric gives us our food.

"Can I join you guys?" He asks. We not our heads and we eat out food. Afterwards, Cedric leads me to an empty room upstairs.

"I have no money," I tell him.

"I'll pay for it," he offers. Before I can argue, he leaves. I lay down on the bed and go to sleep.