II

DCC

We were about halfway through the meeting and I can assure you that I was not paying attention to what was being said. My body was extremely sore from Greg and his drunken stupor from the night before and Beyoncé was standing at the head of the table talking about whatever this meeting was for.

I absentmindedly stared at her as she talked. Watching her dimples peek through as she spoke some words, the way she ran her tongue across her teeth as she listened to others inputs, how clean and polished her nails were as she fiddled with her pen.

I let out a quiet sigh as I crossed my legs under the table.

Something's purring.

I fiddled with the collar of my dress as I tried to pay attention to what Beyoncé was saying.

"So the deadline is a month from today. Which is pretty good considering the photos were simple. They didn't give a definite number of how many they wanted so I encourage everyone to do at least five photos. Too many is better than too little." She said wrapping up the meeting.

I closed my notebook and grabbed my things as everyone else stood up and walked out of the room. I was the last one to stand from the table, luckily Beyoncé was standing next to me by the time I was ready to walk out.

We walked side by side through the hallways as she bickered with Solange.

"Solo I am not arguing with you. Who knew being sober would make you such a grouch?" She said with a chuckle.

"Don't forget celibate. Baby girl is frustrated right now." Michelle added in causing me to fold my lips, attempting to hold in my laugh. I met Michelle on my way in this morning and she made me laugh the entire time.

"Oohh Mimi you don't wanna go there. You just got the cobwebs dusted out of you last week." Solange shot back causing me to crack and laugh lowly.

"Alright Crypt Keeper, go sniff a sharpie and calm down before you get on my nerves."  Michelle waved her off as she split from us, going to her own office. Soon after Solange did the same leaving Beyoncé and I to walk by ourselves.

"How do you deal with them everyday?" I asked with a laugh.

"I have no choice. My mama wouldn't let me take Solo to the fire station and Michelle is like a roach in the projects, always gon come back." She replied shaking her head.

"I heard that Giraffe!"

"Not too much on us premade stud!"

Michelle and Solange called down the hall causing me slap my hand over my mouth stifling my laughter.

"Premade stud?" I asked in laughter as we walked into our adjoining offices.

"She made that up yesterday after you left. Out of all the things she called me over the years, premade stud takes the cake." She laughed setting her things down. The door between our offices stood wide open allowing us to continue light conversation while working until it was time for lunch.

"Alright Giselle what are we eating for lunch today?" I heard Michelle say as she walked into Beyoncé's office.

"Girl you and Solange always saying my government like chill with all that." She said smacking her lips.