VIII

BGK

Once Onika was done with the exam she let us know that we could leave. As a mandated reporter she should have turn all the evidence in, but she was a part of my clique so she knew what was happening when I told her it was getting handled our way.

I stopped at Chic-fil-a to get us something to eat before heading back to my house. I had texted Kelly, Michelle and Solange while we were at the hospital so they were also on the way to keep Dorinda company as the fellas and I handled business.

Once we got to the house I parked and got out, grabbing the food and putting it on the car hood. I went around to the other side and opened the door for Dorinda. Instead of picking her up bridal style I turned around, letting her climb on my back instead allowing me to carry her and the food in the house at the same time.

"You wanna shower and change first or eat?" I asked as I set the food down on the living room coffee table.

"Shower." She muttered lowly. I simply adjusted her on my back, hooking my arms underneath her knees before jogging up the stairs and taking her to my room. I ventured in deeper, pushing the door to my adjoining bathroom open before setting her on the sink counter.

I let go of her and walked over to the shower before turning the hot water on and water it spray from the shower head. I touched the water, testing the temperature before turning back towards her.

"You need help?" I asked making her sit and think for a little.

"I think I can do it. Can you stay close incase I need you?" She asked as she played with her fingers.

"Yeah I gotchu. Ima pick out some clothes for you, you cool with wearing my stuff for a little longer?" I asked as I helped her down from the sink.

"Yeah it's fine. Do you have any hoodies or something? It's cold in here." She muttered as I helped her walk to the shower.

"Are you gon give it back?" I asked playfully making her immediately shake her head no.

"Nope and you already know that." She said smiling. It was the first real smile I've seen her give me since earlier.

"I was gon let you keep it anyway." I said before turning to leave. I left the bathroom door cracked but not completely open as I went over to my dresser and found the unopened pack of boxers I had.

It was honestly open now but only because I opened it earlier so she could have some to wear. I took a pair out, setting them on top of the dresser before going through another drawer and pulling out a plain white tee. I set it next to the boxers before grabbing a pair of socks, setting them down too.

Once all of that was together I went over to my closet and grabbed one of the hoodies I didn't wear too often and set it with her clothes.

"You want me to set your clothes in there with you Rin?" I asked stepping towards the door.

"Uh, no it's okay. You can leave them on the bed." She called out. I set the clothes on the bed as she requested before going back into my closet and pulling out my all black Nike Tech and black Timbs.

I quickly changed into the attire before reaching up on the top shelf and grabbing my gun case. I held it in one hand and opened it with the other before pulling out my black and gold Beretta.

I closed the case, putting it back before checking my clip and putting the safety on. I tucked the gun in my waistband before walking out of the closet.

Dorinda was taking a while so I quickly went downstairs and grabbed the food before heading back up. I sat on the edge of the bed as I did dug the bag retrieving my food.

I was already done and wiping my hands clean by the time Dorinda came out the bathroom wrapped up in a towel. Her face and body were clear of any remaining makeup and her hair was wet, flowing down her back.

"Finally I had to pee." I said jokingly as I got up from the bed.

"Girl boo, I know there's another bathroom somewhere in here." She said with a light laugh as we walked past each other.

I went in the bathroom and handled my business before washing my hands and coming back out. Dorinda was dressed in the shirt and boxers I gave her, lightly finger detangling her hair with I came out.

"Do you have a clip or something I can use?" She asked turning towards me. The shirt was slightly wet front her hair and I could see her nipples poking through.

Shit, calm down Jr.

"Yea hold on." I said walking back into the bathroom. I opened the middle drawer on my sink and took out one of the many hair clips I had as well as some leave in conditioner and a brush.

I walked back out into the room, handing it all to her before sitting back down on the edge of the bed to watch her.

"I have the girls coming to sit with you while I'm gone." I said as I looked at her through the mirror. She simply nodded as she ran the brush through her hair. She then clipped it up on the back of her head and let a few strands out in the front and the back.

"You so pretty." I blurted out making her freeze. Her cheeks turned a bright shade of red as she looked at me through the mirror. I smiled at her as we held eye contact for a brief moment.

"Thank you." She said softly smiling back at me.

"You're really pretty too." She added making me blush in return. She giggled at my reaction making me smile even bigger as she looked away to put the hoodie I gave her on.

"You still hurting?" I asked as I stood up and grabbed her food.

"Just a little, the medicine and shower helped a lot." She said as she turned around and faced me.

"You wanna eat up here or downstairs?"

"Downstairs. I like the big windows." She said taking her food from me.

"Alright come on." I stated as I picked her up bridal style making her squeal in surprise.

"I could've walked!" She said with a laugh as I started my journey downstairs.

"I like holding you." I told her making her blush yet again.

"I like being held by you."

~~~~~~~~~~
they so

edited