3. Beyond the cold (pt.1).

In the dimly lit café, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee lingered in the air as the girl meticulously wiped down the counters. It was just another ordinary night until the door chimed, announcing the arrival of a man wrapped in an air of mystery.

His entrance sent a subtle shiver through the room, and all eyes turned to the solitary figure. With sharp eyes scanning the menu, he approached the counter, his cold demeanor almost palpable. "Something to eat," he demanded, his voice cutting through the ambient chatter.

Little did he know, this encounter marked the beginning of a tale that would unravel the layers of his guarded past, leading him on a path of unexpected warmth and redemption, all starting with a simple request in the quiet café that night.

The man, his eyes fixed on the menu, ordered a black coffee and a humble serving of instant ramen. As the girl prepared the order, the subdued hum of the late-night café enveloped them.

Alone in the restaurant, she couldn't shake the unease brought on by the man's icy demeanor. The clock on the wall silently ticked past 10, casting elongated shadows across the room. The man, seemingly oblivious to the atmosphere he carried, took a seat by the window, a realm of solitude amidst the scattered tables.

The girl hesitated before bringing his order to the table, a mixture of apprehension and curiosity lingering in her eyes as she ventured into the space occupied by the mysterious stranger.

As the girl gently placed the order on his table, he started savoring the simple meal. Surprisingly, the instant ramen paired with the black coffee brought him an unexpected sense of comfort-far superior to the offerings of those upscale cafes he frequented.

Lost in the moment, he was about to leave when a shaky hand placed a small first aid box on the table. "Sir, y-your hand is b-bleeding," she stammered, her words revealing a mix of fear and concern.

For the first time, his sharp, intimidating eyes met hers, soft and innocent, filled with genuine kindness. She looked like a delicate doll, a stark contrast to the coldness he exuded. As she lowered her gaze, he couldn't help but feel a strange warmth in her presence.

With a subtle nod, he opened the first aid box, and she hesitantly offered, "C-can I help?" Keeping a respectful distance, she carefully cleaned the small wound on his knuckles, her hands moving with a delicate touch. In that moment, an unspoken connection formed, as if the bandage she placed on his hand held the promise of healing beyond the physical.

As he finished the meal, he left a generous amount of money on the table without waiting for y/n's response. Before she could utter a word, he disappeared into the night.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips; the encounter left her both intrigued and unnerved. The cafe, now devoid of his enigmatic presence, returned to its quiet solitude. Glancing at the clock, it struck 11 o'clock - the end of her shift.

With practiced efficiency, y/n cleaned the dishes and tidied the tables. Locking up the cafe, she handed the keys to the nearby convenience store owner, who shared ownership. Fatigue settling in, she made her way home, thoughts lingering on the mysterious man and the subtle shift in the air since his arrival.

Driving toward his home, Taehyung's gaze fixated on the bandage on his hand, the image of y/n's soft face lingering in his mind. A question intruded: Why was that young girl in the cafe so late at night?