8. Innocence (pt.2)

On Taehyung's seventh day at work, he reveled in the joy of a job that challenged his intellect rather than exhausting his physical strength. A promising offer came his way, a chance to work in the CEO's home office alongside the main building, doubling his current pay. Without hesitation, he embraced this opportunity with open arms.

In a meeting room with the CEO (y/n's sister) and two colleagues, they deliberated on important matters, anticipating the arrival of someone. The door swung open, revealing two maids escorting a girl, whose presence sent butterflies dancing in Taehyung's stomach.

Dressed in a charming ensemble - a white shirt, blue pants, open hair, and white shoes - she radiated a captivating charm.

In her small hand, she clutched a tiny stuffed kitty, while the other formed a delicate fist. Standing before the CEO, her sister, her eyes widened in fear as the powerful figure glared at her. Taehyung, observing her closely for the first time, couldn't help but be captivated by her beauty - wide eyes reflecting anxiety, small plum lips, a pointed nose, rosy cheeks, and tears welling up.

As the maid nudged her forward, she took a seat, hugging her small kitty close. The CEO, appearing stern and imposing, settled down in front of her. Taehyung couldn't shake off the feeling of unease, witnessing this delicate soul shrinking further, finding solace in the little stuffed companion on her lap.

The older girl seated across from the younger one declared, "Lawyer uncle is coming to get your signatures today." Little y/n stared at her with frightened eyes, and the older sister intensified her glare.

Leaning forward, she questioned, "Do you know what you are, right?" Little y/n quickly nodded and uttered, "Bu...burden." The older one smirked, seemingly satisfied with the response.

Gripping y/n's chin, she squeezed her cheek, pressing it against her jaw. "A burden, so you should not trouble me more, right?" Big, fat tears rolled down y/n's cheeks as she nodded in agreement.

"Who takes care of you, who feeds you?" The older asked. And the little one, scared, said, "U..unnie." The older lifted her jaw, making her have a few shaky breaths.

In the unsettling atmosphere of the meeting room, Taehyung found himself unable to comprehend the cruel treatment the older sister was subjecting the younger one to.
He couldn't fathom why someone would treat their own sibling in such a heartless manner. The room echoed with the silent pain of the little one, her submissive demeanor resembling that of a child, unaware of her sister's harshness, and all of it unfolded in a scene that left Taehyung both perplexed and disturbed.

The older sister asked again, "You know mom and dad died because of you."

As soon as she uttered these words, the little one froze, sobs escaping as she stammered, "No, it's n..not my fault, mom, da..." Before she could finish, a loud sound echoed in the whole meeting room, causing Taehyung and two other employees to flinch. The girl landed on the floor, crying, her cheek burning from the impact, and another loud sound followed as she received another slap.

In the harsh reality of the meeting room, the older sister dragged her chair to the small, crumpled figure on the floor. She heartlessly held her chin, inducing tears and pain as she coldly declared, "You are the reason our parents died. You are a burden; I have to do everything alone because you are incapable of anything. Bloody useless!"

Another cruel slap echoed through the room, the sound resonating with the agony in the younger one's eyes.

"Mentally ill! All you do is throw tantrums and cry all day. Why me, why are you punishing me!" The sister's words dripped with disdain as she continued to verbally assault the already broken spirit.