Ball is Life

Excuse for my mistakes

Hey guys, I decided to do something new today. Something different and out of the box. I'll be taking Riley Curry and making her a women basketball all star. I know it sounds weird but I'm going to hope that this story goes well. Don't forget to vote and comment this awesome chapter of mine.

Fourteen years later after 2014-2015 NBA Championship

Riley

Mom, Dad and I sat on the couch, looking at embarrassing baby pictures of me. There was me pointing in the sky with my tongue sticking out while my dad carrying me as he laughed. There was a picture of us together right next to the NBA Trophy and my face was definitely priceless and hilarious. We all laughed as dad kissed my on the head.

"So Riley, are you going to join volleyball like your aunt Sydel?" I shook my head giggling at the thought of volleyball and my dad looked at me in shock. "Why not? Volleyball sounds kind of fun." I rolled my eyes and stood in front of him.

"Volleyball sounds boring. All you have to do is hit the ball over a net. I want to join basketball like you dad." My dad and my mom looked at each other and chuckled. Dad nodded in impressment as he took a ball under the sofa and did a blind pass to me. I caught it as I looked at my dad in confusion, wondering why he passed me the ball.

"Well, you got to start working hard to get better. I'll pay for anything need for basketball. Planning to join the WNBA?" I nodded happily and my dad and mom gave each other proud glances. "Alright then. How about a shoot around tomorrow in our backyard?"

"Sure. I'll do anything to get better." My dad smiled proudly as he got up from the couch and headed towards the door.

"Hey honey?" My mom looked at me with a smile.

"Yes?"

"Lily and Klay invited us over to their house. I heard all the all stars are over there too. Want to come?" My mom shrugged, still smiling warmly.

"Sure why not? Did you want to come Riley? There's going to be lots of kids over there." I thought about it a second, wondering if it's a good idea.

"Can I ask Natty if she's going?" Dad and mom nodded as I hurried inside my room happily. Natty was my best friend out of all the kids that were going to be here. Natty was like a sister too. She would always worry about me, and help me out when I was into trouble. She was a baller too like me, only because her dad was Kyrie Irving. Natty and I were the best players out of our school, and we both had different talents that were passed down by our dads. She was a better ball handler with killer crossovers while I was a better shooter, but also better at creating shots for myself. But overall, we were both great playmakers. The problem was, we are both meant to play point guard, and it was a huge problem for the starting lineup of our high school girls team. Natty had nice smooth blonde hair like her mom, Natalia, while I had light brown curly hair like my dad. I grabbed my phone and texted Natty as I felt jumpy.

Riley: hey natty!

Natty: did they say you can join next year?

Riley: yeah! I'm so happy!

Natty: lol okay. So what's up?

Riley: are you going over to Michael's house?

Natty: yeah. My dad said something like that to my mom.

Riley: okay then. See you there!"

I changed into a yellow off shoulder shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. I tied my light brown colored hair into a quick bun and exited my room to the living room. My dad and mom sat there waiting for me as they noticed me with a smile.

"Did she say yes?" I nodded happily as they both got up. "Then let's head out to Klay's house." We all left the house and entered the car.

When we got there, I quickly got out of the car and knocked on the door. My parents slowly got out of the car and followed me behind. The door opened a minute later and stood there was Michael and his dad, Klay Thompson. They both looked at us with a friendly smile while Michel and I did a secret handshake that was not to be shared. The handshake was between him, me, and Natty, no one else.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Curry. Hey Riley. Looks like you arrived. All the kids are already on the back if you want to come and join us." He winked at me and I just laughed at him. I looked at my parents as they nodded in approval and I followed him through the the house. We passed through many grown ups and NBA players. I caught a glimpse of LeBron, Kyrie, Seth, Sydel, Savannah, Natalia, and other players. I kept walking, looking around the house until I bumped into Uncle Seth.

"Whoa, watch it Riley. You're going to kill me!" We both laughed as we both hugged each other. "How are you doing Riley?"

"Great. Everything is fine." Seth chuckled as he rubbed the top of my head playfully.

"You've grown so much. How old are you? Sixteen?" I nodded happily. "You're still cute as ever." All of a sudden, Anastasia's voice was heard from the kitchen.

"Seth? Can you help me really quick." Seth turned his head back.

"Coming!" Seth gave me a kiss on the head and pointed to the kitchen. "Sorry Riley but I have to-". I returned his kiss on the cheeks.

"I know Uncle Seth. Go on." Seth smiled and walked to the kitchen. Almost all the players in the house have retired except Mycel, Klay's brother, and Uncle Seth of course. Well, they were technically in the NBA D-League, and they were called the mini splash brothers. I know, funny right? I continue to follow Michel to the backyard until I stepped into an outdoor court full of kids. I saw Natty dribbling the ball and spun around Bronny. Bronny followed her move, but Natty dragged the ball back and stepped back, and Bronny fell to the ground while everyone made a ooh sound. Natty smiled and shot the wide open three point and it splashed inside the bucket. When I walked up to the court, she noticed me and grinned happily. She waved at me while I waved back.

"Hey Riley!"

"Hey Natty!"

"Want to play?" I smirked and stretched for a moment.

"Sure, what team am I in?" Bronny walked towards us, rubbing his head from the ankle breaker.

"2v2. Riley and I against my brother, LeBron Jr. and you." said Bronny but Natty and I looked at each in disapproval. We both smirked at him and crossed our arms.

"Sorry, we already call each other." We both high five and Bronny rolled his eyes. He looked at LeBron Jr. and they both nodded in agreement.

"Let's show these girls how it's done. You guys start first." Bronny gave me the ball, and I jabbed step my right foot. I dribbled to the left, and noticed that LeBron Jr. was coming over to double team. What an idiot. I did a blind, behind the back pass to Natty and she shot the ball gracefully as the ball went into the hoop. We smirked at them as Natty spun the ball on her fingers.

"Winners ball."

We went on a streak of five makes. I made three pointers off of the dribble, and Natty broke both of their ankles so bad. When we finally won, the boys did a playful angry face.

"You guys cheated." Natty and I laughed as we stuck our tongue out like a little child.

"Play better defense next time." I was about add something to that until I felt a hand on my shoulder as I turned around to see a boy with black hair and a gorgeous face. Drew Irving.

"Hey, nice job you did out there. Want to hang out?"