Formed into One

Drew

I threw the ball away carelessly, and quickly rushed towards Riley who was on the ground. Damn, what've I done? I didn't want it to go down like this. I just wanted to play against her, not hurt her. I crouched near her prone body and realized how pale her smooth skin was.

"Ri- Riley? Are you alright?" She looked at me with a depressed face as she tried to get up but almost fell but I caught her in my arms. "Whoa there. You definitely need to see a doctor." Riley gave me an innocent look, as if she wanted to tell me something.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you helping me and being so nice? What am I to you?" What is she to me? That question was the one question I haven't thought of before.  I had a crush on her ever since, so I could say she was my love.  Nah, sounds lame to me.  That's when I had the perfect idea what she was.  I smiled softly down at her as I carried her in my arms. 

"You are my everything."  Her facial expression turned into surprise and shock but she quickly looked away in regret.

"As much as I want to believe you, you are lying and you know how much I hate liars." She thinks I'm lying. I could see her reason why she doesn't want to believe me. Ever since her attitude has changed and began to worry all of our friends, they began to lose trust and didn't believe in her, causing her to decide to mot believe in anyone. But inside, she wants someone to believe in her so she could have someone to trust.

"If you really think that I'm lying, then I only have one thing to tell you." We both stayed silent but I looked into her surprised face in determination, telling her that I wasn't playing around. "Riley, I love you." All of a sudden, a tear fell from Riley's eyes as it traveled down to her chin. It seems like she has surrender and no longer hid her feelings. I would never thought she was the person who was emotional, but I revealed her true self. She began to cry on my chest in sorrow, and I hugged her tightly. "I-It's okay." I patted her so she could calm down. She moved her head away from my chest and looked at me with her red puffy eyes.

"I-I need some time alone."  I sighed heavily, thinking that she was rejecting my love for her.  Maybe it was too early to confess, but I already screwed it up.  I stood up and walked away sadly but then I felt a hand grabbed mine gently.  I turned back slowly to see Riley's face fill with sorrow.  "You're just going to leave me here?"  I smiled sadly as crouched down slowly to carry her in my arms.  At least I could still be her friend whose there to support her.  She rested her head on my chest gently, using me as a pillow like she did when she fell asleep back at that ice cream shop. I turned to Natty and Michel who stood there watching us intently. 

A minute later...

The three of us stood in the doctor's room while Riley sat on the hospital bed explaining the situation to the doctor as he  slowly scribbled something on his clipboard.  Then, he smiled friendly and placed a hand on her arm and looked at the all of us. 

"It's nothing to worry about Riley, but I must warn you that you must take your meds two times per day like I told your mother."  I widen my eyes at Riley in confusion and in shock.  Meds?  Riley take meds?!  Riley's face turned bright red embarrassingly, trying to hide her face innocently. 

"U-um, yes doctor."  The doctor chuckled and headed out to the door. 

"You are free to go now.  If you need help, remember to call someone like your lovely friends here."  And with that, the doctor left the room as silence filled the dark room.  Riley continue to look away from me, trying to hide her guilt. 

"Riley?  Can we talk?"  Natty and Michel signaled that they were going to give us private space and I nodded at them gesturally.  As they left, Riley faced me in regret. 

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about the meds.  I apologize for making you worry." I gave her a suspicious look and crossed my arms.

"You have no idea how worried I was when you just fell like that.  Why didn't you tell me you had this thing going on with you? You know that I really care about you."  She sighed sadly as I saw her gripped her hands into a fist in frustration.

"I'm sorry. I thought that if I told you about my problems, you would hate me and left me lonely. That's why I started to move away from you for the past few months." I felt tears fell from her eyes slowly like it was the leader of the bucket of tears. I guess I was right, because a second later, more tears began to pour out until she cried emotionally. "I- didn't want- to hurt anyone! But it's too late now. I screwed it up for everyone!" She began to cry on my chest once again as I hugged her gently in comfort. Pain. Suffer. Loneliness.  Regret.  Those were the feelings Riley felt when she tried to stay away from me, and the feelings she felt without me being there for her.  I felt her warm hand pressed on my palm gently as she spoke through my chest.  "D-Drew?" 

"Yeah?"  She turned her head towards me with a sorrow look. 

"When you said that you love me, d- did you really mean it?"  Without looking at her, I smirked, knowing that she has fallen for me too by her stuttering.  This is my chance.  There's no turning back on her now.  I took a deep breath as I smiled warmly at her. 

"Yeah."