Connections

Riley

"Alright ladies, practice is over!  You can head back to your lockers to shower up.  I'll see all of you at practice tomorrow!"  Natty and I high five each other and giggled playfully. 

"We both made it to the team!"  we said together in unison as we both hugged each other. 

"We're going to make the best team together."  Natty smirked and jumped in front of me happily. 

"We'll be like the best duo in this team like your dad and Michel's dad, splash brother!"  I rolled my eyes with a smile after she called my dad and Michel's dad the best duo ever. 

"I mean, it make sense that they were the best point and shooting guard duo, but they weren't the best duo of all time." 

"Then who is your best duo of all time in the NBA?" I smirked as I already thought of two duo I thought was the greatest of all time.  

"It's got to be Jordan and Pippen or Kobe and Shaq for my first pick." We were about to walk into the lockers but then I heard my name being called from the gym behind me.

"Hey Riley!" I quickly turned to see the familiar kid that I haven't talked to in such a long time. I suddenly smiled as Drew walked down the bleachers quickly without falling.  "Hey good job out there.  I see you putting in the work."  My cheeks turn slightly red as I held one arm with my other hand.  Natty suddenly touched my shoulder and I nodded at her to signal that she could head to the lockers without me.  She left the gym quietly, causing the awkwardness between us. 

"Um thanks, what were you doing here besides watching me stalker?"  Drew's face turned innocent. 

"Hey, I just wanted to see if you got into the team or not.  I'm not here to threaten you or anything."  We both laughed playfully as he came closer to me until he stepped on the court.  "When's your first game?" 

"Drew, look it's fine, I don't need to..." All of a sudden, he did something extraordinary.  It was something I wouldn't expect him to do.  As I tried to finish my sentence, he quickly placed his lips to my lips as he wrapped me around his arms.  I stared at him in shock, snd I didn't know what to do or feel until it snapped me.  This was the true gift he wanted me to receive. Is anyone watching us? It would be quite embarrassing if someone was. Oh what the hell am I thinking? It's not about how we looked like kissing, it's about the moment we are having right now. I have to accept it, especially from someone, I truly love. I closed my eyes slowly and deepened the kiss passionately.

"Are you going somewhere tonight?"

"No, why?" I asked him. Drew simply smiled and took my hand gracefully as he pulled me towards him until I made contact with his chest.

"You and I are going on a date."

Natty

I headed towards the locker after my brother Drew, had unexpectedly come in and took my best friend away from me.  Great, now I'm lonely.  Drew has someone to actually love and care for, but I don't have anyone whose like that.  Riley is lucky to have someone like Drew, only if there was someone like Drew...

"Hey Natty!"  I turned around and saw Michel jogging towards me in his running clothes and shoes.  I turned to him and gave him a sad smile, not because I didn't want to see him, but the way my life has gone down the drain. 

"Hey Michel, what's up?"  He stopped a few feet away from me and smiled friendly. 

"I was about to head out for cross country practice but I wanted to tell you what a great job you're doing during the tryout and wanted to ask if you want to come to my party which will begin in the next two weeks."  Wow, he had a lot of things to tell me, didn't he? 

"You're in cross country?"  He nodded. 

"I'm just trying to work extra hard for basketball season which is starting after your season." 

"Oh, well I'll see if I could make it to the party." 

"Aight.  I guess I'll see you later."  He was about to leave until he stopped again.  "Oh, and by the way, you're really cute.  I think we should hang out more."  I hesitated with a blush as I watched him jog out of the hallway, leaving me stunned.  Did he just call me cute?!  Does Michel have a crush on me?  No, it can't be.  Michel was far too friendly than flirty to me or am I wrong?  Maybe he hasn't shown his true self yet, I guess I'll have to wait for him to approach me more.