Triangle Love

Riley

I sat quietly on the back with my younger brother, Delly who refused to join the fun summer league and refused to hang out with us baller kids. He practices alone most of the times, and is always very lonely, making me feel kind of bad for him. My dad who was driving me to the gym, sat on the front with my mom who were obviously going to watch me play. When our car stopped at a red light, my dad quickly turned to me and smiled warmly.

"Nervous?" I shook my head while holding the basketball calmly in my hands. I slowly spun the ball with my hands as I flipped my Warriors cap backwards. I wore some of my Dad's under armor shoes, white basketball shorts and jersey with the red words printed on it: LeBron.

"You I can play under pressure right?" Dad chuckled and focused his eyes on the road.

"You mean like that time when you knocked down five shots in a row at the yard even though I threw water balloons at you." I laughed and reached to his arm to punch it playfully. "In all seriousness, you are definitely something different like me, no lie." I tilted my head in confusion, wondering what that meant.

"What does that even mean?" Dad did a side smirk as he kept on driving.

"It means that you are something special with a special talent as a player."

"Like your father of course." corrected my mom as everybody except Delly laughed. When we arrived at the gym filled with noisy bouncing balls, I noticed that everyone was already inside warming up.

"Hey dad? Can I go in first since I'm kind of late?" My dad nodded and I quickly exited the car and ran to the gym. I settled my things down on the bench and went to warm up with the other guys. Luckily, they only started the lay up line and I lined up behind Drew who turned to me with a warm, welcoming smile.

"I'm glad you made it. I was scared that something bad happened to you or something." I blushed shyly at his worried statement. Can't believe he really cares about me. All of a sudden, the other team came in silently and walked cooly to the other side of the court. We all stopped and watched them for a while. "Isn't that Chris Jr.?" Drew pointed at a kid who had a light colored brown skin like Drew, wearing a red and white jersey with his red arm sleeve on his right arm.

"You know him?" I asked, looking at him in confusion.

"Yeah. Chris Paul's son." Chris Paul!? I gave him one last glance and his eyes met mine amusingly. He winked at me, causing me to look away in blush. Damn. Why did Chris Jr. and Drew have to look so cute? "He's a great passer like his dad, especially the unstoppable alley oops he tosses." Right when he finish that sentence, Chris Paul came in with a black Jordan bag and a basketball clipboard in his hands.

"I guess he's also coaching for their team." LeBron walked over to Chris Paul with a friendly smile as they both shook hands, talking softly so no one could hear them. "They know each other really well?" Drew nodded, receiving the ball from Bronny who passed it to him.

"When they were still in the NBA, they both taught Stephen Curry and James Harden when they were in their college years."

"My dad?"

"Yeah. Ever since your dad came into the NBA, they haven't talked much, especially the year 2014-2015 where they faced each other." Michel dribbled by slowly and passed it to me.

"How do you know all of this?" Drew chuckled as he attacked the basket and instead of doing a regular lay up, he reversed it after putting the ball through his legs. He turned to me with a yell.

"That's for you Riley!" I rolled my eyes playfully, driving to the basket with a normal lay up, and jogged behind Drew. Drew turned to look to the other side of the court and I followed his glance to see Chris Jr., doing an alley oop pass to one of his buddy as he slammed it inside the rim. "I'm definitely not guarding the big guy." It was my turn to turn to him with a playful smirk.