Isolated

Riley

My eyes slowly fluttered open, noticing the same ice cream shop I was in moments ago before I fell asleep.  What the hell was I sleeping on anyways?  I lifted my head and turned to see Drew sitting there, reading a book peacefully.  I can't believe I was sleeping on Drew's shoulder, that's so embarrassing.  I can even feel my cheeks burning from the blushing, forcing me to look away from him shyly. 

"Oh, Riley.  You're awake."  I faced him and smiled warmly. 

"Yeah.  Sorry I had to sleep on you, even though you make a good pillow."  Drew chuckled as he gently closed his book.  I wondered how long I have been sleeping.  I checked my phone for a second and glance it in surprise. 

"Shit."  Drew looked at me, obviously confused because he had no idea what I was cursing at. 

"What?"  I quickly got up an tried to walk but my legs had tell asleep and suddenly stopped moving.  I nearly fell but Drew quickly caught me, giving me a worried look. "You alright? What's going on Riley?" Fuck fuck fuck! I'm so fucked.

"I have to get home before my parents kill me." Drew swept my legs into his arms and carried me out of the ice cream shop. "Drew? What are y-".

"You said that you're parents are going to kill you if you get home late right? Well, I'm here to help." That was very sweet of him but he doesn't realize that he was going to get into big trouble. "And don't tell me about getting into big trouble because I'm willing to help you even if I get into trouble." I rolled my eyes at him as I watched him place me on the passenger side of the car. I hate to admit it, but Drew was suuuuper chill and kind. He was caring as fuck and that's why I appreciate him as a friend. When Drew entered into the car and started to turn on the engine, he touched my hand gently. I quickly pulled it away and gave him a dirty look.

"Really?"

"Oh sorry, I tried to reach for the manual stick." Such a liar. 

"Shut up. You did that on purpose."  He chuckled as I looked away blushing.  Why am I blushing?  He's not even my boy friend.  When he drove on the road, we sat in there silently, making things a little awkward.  Eventually, Drew ended the awkwardness with his stupid big mouth.

"Did you think you could get home with your sleeping legs?" Wow, rude much.

"No, but I wouldn't say the same for you if you were in my condition." Roasted. I smirk and looked over to Drew who kept quiet. I noticed that Drew felt hurt because he was avoiding eye contact from me. "Drew?"

"Yeah?"

"You alright?"

"Um, yeah? Why'd you ask?"

"I'm just worried.  That's all."  He was so kind, and yet I'm not appreciating it.  What the hell is wrong with me?  I'm abusing his kindness, and yet, he acts like everything is alright.  He let me sleep on him, and now he's taking me home.  Why did Drew have to be so nice?  When we got home I got out of his car slowly.

"Bye Drew. Drive safe." 

"Wait.  Let me at least take you in."  I sighed nervously, looking through the windows. 

"You really shouldn't Drew.  My parents will see you and you'll get in trouble. I rather take the blame of my parents.  I don't want to put this heavy weight on you." 

"No it's fine. They need to know that I came to drop you off." He walked passed me to the door as I sighed once again. He knocked on the door and waited for an answer. After for a while, the door opened, and an unhappy Curry was at the door, staring at the both of us.

"Riley? Where the heck have you been? I was so worried!" I looked away from my dad in shame.

"I'm sorry Dad. I just lost track of time and-".

"Are you always this careless? You're seventeen years old now. You need to learn how to be responsible."

"Mr. Curry, it was my fault." Oh my god. Here goes Drew. "I was the one who should be responsible since I was the one who invited her to hang out." My dad looked at him sadly and left from the doorway with the door opened.

"Well, it looks like my dad is pissed off. You didn't have to take the blame Drew even though I appreciate it. Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure." I bit the bottom of my lips, wishing that he wouldn't feel hurt after this.

"Don't ever talk or think about me. Don't let me see you around either." I guessed I was wrong. His face filled with pain and sorrow. "I'm sorry if it has to be this way." I closed the door slowly and stayed close to the door for a while. I have to stay away from Drew for now if I don't want him to get into any more trouble. Drew and I have been friends since we were little, and we were crazy kids. We were still very mature when we were together, but I guess not tonight. I wasn't feeling it tonight.

"Riley?"

"Yes dad?" My dad entered the living room apologetically.

"Can we talk really quick?" Great, now I have someone to lecture me.

Drew

I arrive home, noticing the lights of our house. I guess the family is still awake. I opened the door and the sound of the television booming and the laughs my family was enjoying.

When I stepped into the room, my dad, mom, and my sister took notice of me with a warm smile.

"Hey young blood! Where've you been? Come join us!" I rolled my eyes playfully as I say down next to Natty. My dad loves to call me that, and I loved him because of that. My sister gave me quick glances, wishing that she would stop because it was getting into my nerves.

"You alright bro? You're crying."

"What?" Suddenly, I felt something wet on my eyes. Tears? I quickly wiped them away. "I'm fine, just tired."

"Oh, okay.  I you need to talk about something, I'm always here to listen."  I nodded at her in silence. We both sat silenced in front of the television until I felt something on my arm. I turned to see Natty who looked a little sleepy. She reminded a lot like Riley when she slept on my shoulder except Natty was my sister.

"Uh, Natty?"

"Y-yeah?" She turned towards me and noticed why I had called her. "Oh sorry. I'm a little tired. Do you mind if I lay my head on you?" I blushed a little bit a the question, but I wasn't sure if it was good idea. I guess I should let her because I don't want to see my sister sleeping on the floor in pain.

"No, I don't mind, as long as you don't drool on me."

"Shut up!" She punched my at playfully as she laid her head on my arm. I gave her one last look with a warm smile. My sister was so caring, and I'm lucky to have a sister like her. I guess she's the only one who I could talk to if I was into trouble. I watched her sleep amusingly as I finally admit, I really love her so much.

As a sister dirty perverts :).