CHAPTER 3

DIEGO OBAEZE

Supposing i fall in with my Kala like this and that (okay), I'm dressed in black, opportunity no go Wetin I go de look them  past, so I light my bass...

I was vibing to odumodublvck this morning before I did my chores, music helps calm me.. or ginger me, depends on the situation. Especially good music, but I have a long day ahead.

Today is Hudson's Bay College scholarship exam, what I've been preparing myself for two weeks. Fortunately for me, Nicholas was able to get me the exam answers, but i still made sure I read, just incase life tries to fuck with me.

Nicholas had already gone to register princess at the same school, I was meant to pick her up later.
It's 9:38am, and I just finished cleaning the apartment and washing all dishes, moping the living room and arranging my room. The exam starts by 11am ..I better go take my bath before i run late.. got to make a good appearance on my first day.

The bathroom in I and princess's room was standard, toilet and sink on one side, then the shower stall on the other. There's a curtain demarcating both sides, and in the shower stall, there's a mirror, not full length though, just torso length.
While bathing, I had the chance to actually look at myself.. I was dark skinned, really dark skinned, like Rema dark without all those filters and makeup.. I was pretty tall, -I went for medicals at a clinic around our area, results said I'm 6"1 and i weigh 77kg- , Not bad for a 17 year old i guess. I had a little moustache and a growing goatee. The goatee wasn't that obvious from far, but could be seen up close. Looking at my neck and body, I was a bit built.. I didn't work out as hard as other people, but i had a routine.. I jogged almost every day and did lots of push ups.. which explains my broad chest. While touching my neck or felt something cold.. it was the neck chain Amadi gave me before i, Nicholas and Nonso left for grandpa's house. I've always had it on, it was probably a part of me now. It always reminded me of what I've lost, not like i could forget it, I was the one who caused it all..

While looking at my body, I came across my scars and wounds... Chains, belts, engine belts, whips, brooms, speaker cords, wooden sticks... I just stood there, staring at the mirror with anger and clenched jaws. Nicholas and Nonso also had these scars, they stayed with our grandfather from time to time.. which explains why, but they had no excuse for doing all they do to me, they just want me to go through what they went through..

I quickly had my bath and brushed, I didn't have the luxury of time to waste.
Breakfast was just Bread and tea, even though it was nothing, it was already 10:12 am and I had to catch the bus to Hudson's Bay college. It wasn't that far from our house, was trekable actually, but time wasn't on my side.

With my black long sleeve packet shirt, folded at the sleeves, tucked into my black chinos, and my Faded blue new balance on, I locked our apartmentbdoor and was on my way to the bus stop.

HUDSON'S BAY COLLEGE

"Bros shey you de drop for Hudsons college" the young cab driver asked me turning towards the back. We had almost reached the schools gate, and we could clearly see the school's building from where we were.
I had seen pictures of the school online, but seeing it live and in person got me thinking ..omo, na school be this abi na embassy