CHAPTER 5

DIEGO OBAEZE

🎵this is my decision, decision. This is my decision, I don't think you listen, you listen. I don't think you listen. For me to come out it must mean I'm at the door, it must mean I'm at the gate, it must mean I'm on your case. For me to come out it must mean I'm at the door. I want to show you my world
Give me one break I need faith, faith to believe you,  faith to receive you.
Give me something i..

Listening to tems this morning was probably the best thing I could do to start my day.
I finally get to resume School today as an official student of Hudson's Bay college. Knowing my background and how i was brought up, I made a promise to myself, I would try my very best to avoid all kind of drama that would  give me sleepless nights. Whether financial problems, relationship problems, academic problems, social problems.. what ever type of problem, I was going to make sure I steered clear off its part. I didn't have the funds or mental health to condole any of those craps. I was actually praying earnestly against all these. I just want to graduate highschool without any hassle, while hustling hard to get myself away from here. From all of it. I'm already tired of life at this point. Sometimes I just sit down Soliloquize, most time I feel like crying. It's actually fucked up feeling this way.. i didn't even know what i was feeling, couldn't place it into words..
With a deep breath, I stopped my self loathing ..to be continued.. and prepared for school.

7:17am
I was done with all house chores. I had taken my bath already. It was time to pick what to wear. According to the students handbook, we were allowed to wear any of the school clothings any day, in what ever order. As long as it was the school colours, then its allowed.
I had a lot of options to choose from. Well not that much, but to me it's still alot. In my last school, I only had the school shirt and trousers.. that's all. If the weather was cold, I'd wear my own hoodie. But right now I had at least 4 things to choose from.
Seeing as it was a Wednesday, and the cool harmattan breeze was still strong in the air, I opted for my white long sleeve shirt, With my tie already knotted. Black checkered trousers and a dark green hoodie, and my Air Jordan 4. I felt okay.
Princess and i quickly munched our breakfast of pancakes and tea, and in no time we were on our way to school.

Arriving at the school gate, princess and i walked in. Since we came early today, we saw as cars were trooping in. When we got to the car park, it was a whole different scenary from what i saw the first day i was here. The number of Sleek Audis here was alarming, GLEs all over the place, GLks, Range Rovers, E class & C class Mercedes, Benzs, Chevrolets.. Omo, SS3 guys be doing alot.. the whole parking lot was just filled with tinted glasses. But nevertheless, I continued on my way, perfectly practicing the act of not giving a fuck.
I dropped ini off in her class, and was on my way to locate my class, but then i remember..i don't know where my class is.. fuck, again.. But then i remember the students handbook.. there's a map of the school in it, yes!.. i quickly fished it out of my bag.

I stepped into the main building. And Walked through the hall way, it was like your average American high school. A long Corridor with lockers lining up the walls. I wasn't informed that each student would have lockers.. then i remember i  haven't done orientation yet. It was supposed to be yesterday, but I left before it started ..oh

No qualms sha, I just needed to locate my lockers through the number i was given. I already had the code to it.
I finally found it, the locker. I immediately unlocked it with the code i was given to check if it was working, and it was. I slammed it shut and came face to face with a light skinned girl.

It was one of the girls that walked with those other two girls. She had this look on her face i couldn't decipher.. what's up with students in this school and staring.. i didn't want to ruin the perfect start to my day, so I just walked away.