You set fire to all that I know

A Year After

A Year After

The ultimate happiness was receiving a wedding card along the lines of congratulating us and Oscar for 'making it'. It was the Cameron's best way of saying that I was accepted. Oscar refused to invite them to the wedding.

Oscar said: It's your special day. Let's not allow my parents to ruin it.

Our wedding day was done in a venue in New York – A wedding in the city I have always called you after, Oscar said when he chose the place.

A place I once called home, except home is now you.

We had a great time, Jay falling head over heels for one of my bridesmaids. Kyungjin, if you remember her. It lasted ten minutes and he fell in love with the handsome door man.

Johnny took over the DJ responsibilities, Maxwell busking in between dance party music session. Kei Mizuno flew over from Korea and helped me plan my wedding. I told him to add both bartending and event coordination onto his list of polished skills.

My little brother, Andy, and my father showed up. The same night, I saw my mother kiss my father on the lips and wondered if their own story was close to a beginning.

It was a night to remember.

After the reception, Oscar asked me if I wanted to go get some alone time...

Alone time together.

We both ditched our own wedding, driving into the night with music in the background.

We're powerful together. We're unstoppable, New York!

As we sat in an unknown place, gazing at the stars, he wondered out loud: I wonder why Champion could not make it.

Champion, Champion... Champion Tremaine.

Drummer of the Watermelon On A Sunny Day seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Maxwell insisted he was fine, but Oscar seemed to know he was battling something of his own.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"France. Last I heard, you know," Oscar replied.

____________________________________________________________________________