Chapter 9: The Heist of The Century

The rumbling continued and I heard the faint sounds of screams and cars crashing into stuff. "This can't be an earthquake can it?" I thought as the sound got closer. I then saw a load of guinea pigs coming but these appeared to be attacking and causing chaos. But what stuck strangely out to me the most was that these guinea pigs all had glowing eyes that looked freaky and what they were doing was a little scary. I quickly rushed back to this alleyway I was walking by earlier and saw a red bike that had been abandoned and left to rust covered in a few cobwebs here and there. "I'm getting out of here" I thought running to the bike and getting on it before peddling away as fast as I could. Part of my mind was scolding me for doing it as I guessed it was still maybe someone else's. But another part argued that the main thing was to get out of that and that nobody owned it anymore if it was left to rust. Quickly getting myself to focus on the task at hand instead of if my actions were stealing or finders keepers I took out my phone and used the radio app on it to see what was going on. soon finding a news station for a second that said guinea pigs were attacking the city and stealing stuff. Before I think I heard screaming from the radio station's end and I put my phone away and then went back to peddling as fast as I could. Making sure none of my stuff that wasn't in the bag got lost. I imagined this was Professor Marmalade's doing if he was evil but I didn't know how he'd be controlling all these guinea pigs. I eventually lost them using several back alleys and side streets trying not to fall off as I didn't have a helmet on. Before getting back to a street where I thought I might be safe for a while. Several minutes went by and I tried to piece together what could be the cause for all of this chaos. Part of me wishing I didn't run away from the crew. Before my brain then scolded me for daring to think that for even a second remembering that they tricked me. 

After more time passed I stopped cycling and soon saw Diane over at the police station. I think I saw her look at me but I scowled in return before peddling away from there. I then took out my phone again and I went on the radio app to hear what was going on. Trying to make sure I didn't drop anything or fall. "We are now getting reports that several trucks that were carrying charity money from Professor Marmalade's gala for goodness have came back with all the money that was raised to the hospitals that were going to receive it..." the voice on the radio said making me remember it was the reporter who said there were only five in the crew instead of six. At least I think there was at that point. But part of me still didn't currently care anymore. "It was all Professor Marmalade's doing. Diane was right" I thought before I focused again on what the reporter was saying. "...and now could this really be happening. The Bad Guys are returning the love crater meteorite? Maybe this is the feel good story we all need" the reporter said making me surprised since the crew I felt moments ago like wanting to quit did something. Good. Something I felt like wanting to make them do as punishment for making me walk for miles over to Marmalade's compound. "...Maybe they'll get a party for doing this..." I said to myself before I started to remember something we were talking about before I accidently made Wolf think of stealing the golden dolphin in the first place. 

Flashback:

"Hey Wolf. Is there going to be a party now that I'm part of this crew of yours?" I asked as the others were telling me stuff about themselves. I heard Shark tell me he stole the Mona Lisa disguised as the painting itself. But I thought he wasn't being serious and was making stuff up. Since it would be very hard for a shark to pull off. Or maybe everyone is just being crazy or something. I don't know. "Oh yeah. With fireworks" Piranha said. "And what about cake?" Shark asked before Webs asked if there could be a piñata. "Could there be a chocolate fountain?...with strawberries and marshmallows...please?" I asked feeling a little nervous yet starting to trust my new friends more. I mean maybe if they were making stuff up then they aren't really villains. "Sure thing Teo. You could have as much as you wanted" Wolf said with a smile before they all went back to telling me stuff about themselves. Soon going to the sofa where the news was on the screen.