What Caused The Extinction of Dinosaurs? (Sci-Fi)

I tapped the receiver on my chest frantically, looking around at the barren landscape around me. An uncanny environment surrounded me, the air palpable and electrifying.

Colossal, brown shoots ran up from the ground, their heads green and swaying in the wind. The entire ground was covered in color, since peculiar green hairs stuck out from it. They looked contagious.

Odd creatures flew in the sky, squawking loudly. A gigantic, brown, two legged beast with tiny arms chased another smaller life form in the distance as it ran away desperately.

I watched as the beast eventually pounced on its prey, and started tearing into it with its massive jaws and roared. A shiver ran down my spine as a squawk escaped my lips.

What a terrifying world.

And one of our own was stranded in this hellish place, barely surviving. Our commander sent me to rescue him, saying that it was too risky to send more than one person into an undiscovered planet.

This new rock was an odd one, different from the other planets we found in the galaxy. It only had two major colors, blue and green, with tints of brown and beige here and there.

From our readings, it seemed that most of the world's inhabitants were just uncultured brutes that ran around killing each other. Except they had jaws. Really, really big and strong ones.

They looked even scarier up close. Brown, scaly skin, black eyes, and blood curling roars. They were like big, carnivorous lizards.

And now I had to send a signal out to my stranded friend without drawing these beasts towards me. I slammed my fist on the receiver one last time before giving up. It looked like I'd have to find him myself.

I walked around the landscape for a bit, checking around to see if there were any clues that could lead me to him, but my efforts were in vain. I shielded my eyes from this world's annoying bright sun, trying to get a better look of my surroundings.

The sunlight made my dark blue skin glow, making it a bit too hot for my comfort. The sooner I could get out of here and onto the spaceship, the better. This place gave me the creeps. Another roar pierces through the sky.

I shivered once again and stopped walking. There was no way I was going to find him like this, I'd just end up getting killed. Time for the last resort.

I cupped my hands around my mouth and prepared to shout. According to our data, these creatures couldn't hear our voice due to their ears not being able to perceive our wavelength. They were lucky. When our kind wanted to scream, we could scream.

The readings weren't 100% accurate though, just 99.99%. But hey, what could 00.01% risk do?

I let out a shriek, a trademark way of saying hello in our kind. I immediately regretted my decision as I saw every dinosaur in the vicinity turn their heads towards me. Roars filled the sky as they all simultaneously rushed towards me, their teeth barred.

I stepped backward and tripped, falling painfully on my butt. This wasn't supposed to happen. They weren't supposed to hear. My luck was insanely bad.

I heard a whooshing noise in the sky and glanced up. My spaceship had released a missile. They were going to destroy this planet since the inhabitants saw how we looked. We treasured our anonymity in the galaxy more than anything.

Only problem was, I was still on this rock. I watch as the bomb closes in. Just a single one would crush this world. The potency for destruction in our technology was scary.

The missile hit with a boom, and the sky turned orange.

Screw that 00.01%.