―i| aurelie has a really bad day

🎀

🎀

THE DAY HAD ALREADY STARTED BAD.

Aurelie had woken up to the alarm clock blaring mercilessly, forcing her to open her eyes, feeling absolutely drained from the lack of sleep from the previous night. Nightmares of her sister's death had plagued her that had seemed to foreshadow the impending doom of the upcoming day. Unwillingly, she'd dragged herself out of bed.

Feeling like a zombie, Aurelie had stumbled into the bathroom just to discover the tap had sprung a leak, creating a miniature flood. Cursing her luck, she'd quickly grabbed a towel and had attempted to clean up the mess, only to slip and collide with the countertop, resulting in a painful bruise on her hip.

Next, she'd hurriedly dressed herself to go outside to buy groceries but her favorite sweater (one she'd bought with Annabeth) had had a stubborn stain from yesterday's lunch. And of course, in attempt to salvage the situation with a quick scrub only had made matters worse.

Heading into the kitchen, hungry and irritated, Aurelie had longed for a comforting cup of coffee. However, as she'd reached for a mug, she'd discovered that the coffee machine had quit on her, leaving her tired and unable to find an alternative solution.

Feeling defeated, she'd managed to scrape together a makeshift breakfast, but to her dismay milk and cereal had been way too less to make a breakfest. Glumly Aurelie had settled for a dry breakfast, consisting of a burn toast that simply added insult to injury.

Finally gathering her things, she'd wanted to rush out the door but she'd never managed to get this far. Aurelie had been sure that things couldn't get worse— but she just had had to challenge her luck. Something had hit her on the back of her head, causing her to black out.

The Fates really hated her today.

🎀

When Aurelie opened her eyes again, the first thing she saw were a pair of blue eyes with a nasty scar.

"Hello, Aurelie," Luke greeted. "I hope you missed me."

"Why should I have missed you?" Aurelie asked. "Firstly, this is only the second time we met— the last time you killed my sister. Secondly, you kidnapped me!"

"You're father killed her," Luke corrected.

She scowled at him.

"But your sister's death is not important," the son of Hermes said. "There are way more important matter to discuss. We haven't invited you for nothing, Nightshade."

"You kidnapped me!" Aurelie snapped. "And my sister's— "

"I didn't order to bring you here," Luke cut her off, "to talk about your sister and how she got killed. As already said, I have more important matters to discuss with you. One of them is— "