Smiley Chapter 9

Zara's pov

--------------

Smiley didn't answer straight away, I could tell, me questioning our bond hurt him but he still spoke calmly and with understanding as he said "Zara you are still 17. You normally only get that connection when both people turn 18 so for you to even feel the tingles between us now is a testament to how strong our bond will be in a few days. In all honesty, our current situation is not ideal. I don't know why my wolf was able to recognize you as his second half while you were so young, It is not normal as far as I know." Still not understanding it I debated on what my next question should be "How do you know it's not some crush or something, are you sure you haven't felt like this with anyone else?" i asked while looking down at my thumbs but i soon felt this uncomfortable scilence fall over us so looking up i noticed xaiver pulling into a hard sholder off the side of the road with a very ticked off expression, opps. In an attempt to calm him i say " xaiver it is only a question i am just trying to understand this sutuation".

As the car came to a stop, xaiver shut the engine off and turned on the over head light so we could see each other properly he turned to look me in the eyes. "Zara dont say such rediciolus things being attracted to someone and having a mate bond with a person are not things that can be compaired. I understand you cannot feel our connection nearly as much as I can. Having a mate connection to someone means being able to feel their emotions, feeling their physical pain as if it were your my own and when we complete the mate bond will will be able to mind link. So please just take our mate bond as a fact just for the next few days untill your birthday where you will be able to properly feel the mate bond. Because hearing you question the bond is extremely hurtful".

Hearing my words hurt xaiver wasn't completely unexpected but I did still feel bad about it thats when an idea came to mind, so looking up at smiley who's eyes had not yet left my body I ask "Xaiver, you said when we complete the mate bond we will be able to mind link right?" I got no response just a stare. "Well........ what do we got to do to compleat the bond?" I look him in the eyes with hopfullness. Yet again I get no responce but this time he looks away from me, gluing his eyes to the road and hurriedly shut off the over head light before starting up the car again and driving off.

Confusion was evident on my face but xaiver wasn't looking although he must of known because the next time I hear his voice he says "you are not ready for that yet and I don't think you will like hearing it from me at this moment, so when you have accepted me as your mate then we can have that conversation but for now it's off the table". I wanted to argue back because how could I accept being his mate if I didn't know what the process of completing the mate bond was?? Xaiver seem to yet again know my next move because just as I opened by mouth to retaliate he cut me off before I even got a word out "don't it's not something I'm willing to talk about yet. Depending on where your mind is on your birthday and the connection you feel with me and my wolf. Then we can talk. You don't have to agree to accepting the bond before hearing the process but at least want to be with me before hearing the process".

A lousy 'Humh' was all I could muster up feeling totally frustrated but knowing I couldn't get him to change his mind I decided to leave it be. The rest of the journey was quite save for the lull of the car driving which seemed to have quite the effect on me as I woke to tingly sensations under my knees and on my arm. Opening my eyes I quickly realized xaiver was carring me inside of his house. How could I have let my guard down so quickly. Releasing a startled squeak I fumbled to get my feet on the floor. But xaiver held me steady and I felt his chest vibrate as he spoke "Relax we are almost to your room just let me carry you the rest of the way".

Knowing the familiar feeling of blood rushing to my face I turned to tuck my face into xaivers ribs in an attempt to hide my faces rapidly changing colour.

Not saying anything the next minute or two were fill yet again scilence as my tomato red colour deepened with the feeling of the tingles rushing to my abdomen feeling somewhat stronger than the last time we touched.

Relief washed over me as xaiver pushed open a slightly ajar door and carefully placed me down on a freshly made bed before taking off my back pack and placing it by the bed.

Xaiver finally broke the scilence in a somewhat strained voice. There are some clothes in the dresser that should fit so feel free to use them if you want. Don't worry if they are not your style we will go shopping for some new clothes soon. But just leave your clothes outside the door before your shower. They will be cleaned for you tomorrow.

Confused by his strained voice I just nodded my head and sat up to grab my book bag as he turned for the door.

Xaivers POV
_____________

Not wanting to wake Zara I opted to carry her in from the car feeling the tingles I notice they were stronger than before. Wondering if it was due to zaras nearing birthday or if Zara had opened up a little more to us being mates but my train of thought was cut short by a sudden 'ekkkk' relising Zara had woken up I convinced her to let me carry her to her room. Finding the way she buried her reddened face into my side adorable before I cought wind of her scent. Now knowing that the tingles had also become stronger for her as well. Being able to smell the effect the tingles had on Zara made my heart swell as well as my nether region.

Knowing that she definitely didn't welcome the feeling that tingles gave her I held back although it was a struggle.