Smiley chapter 2

New day new opportunities, I like to say and with only 20 days till I'm 18 I was in an extra good mood.

It's kind of weird how I'm getting excited about my birthday. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach and I have no clue why, I've never been even remotely close to this type of excitement when I was turning 16 or 17. Maybe it is just because I am becoming an adult and all but deep down I knew that wasn't it. I had no idea what it was but whatever new day new dough.

Surprisingly Smiley was already at the pool swimming when I went on deck to lifeguard, that's three days in a row now, ugh don't tell me he is going back to his everyday visit. Sure I liked the eye candy at times and he was kind of nice every now and then like the time he offered to help me pick up the 50 swimming boards that I knocked over when I tripped or when he made sure that I had a change of clothes after I had fallen into the pool because as I was pulling in the lane rope some asshat had decided to lean on it in the pool as I was stepping over the corner of the pool.

Still, the neverending stares were just a little too unnerving for my liking. Any time I looked in his direction I'd immediately make eye contact as if all he did was stare at me. I know I sound like a self-obsessed bish, didn't I? But I promise I'm not it's just I can't help it I see the way he stares I'm not stupid but also his smile.

It's the creepiest thing about him sometimes, other times it makes him the best eye candy I've set my eyes on hence the nickname Smiley. Just thinking about that creepy smile of his, gives me the shivers. He would have this goofy smile which was obviously super sexy but then something would happen all of a sudden and you could see him trying to hide other emotions behind the smile. It would just end up looking super creepy or even threatening sometimes which is something I don't think he realizes but it sure as hell happens.

Smiley's POV

-------------------

This is killing me I had been looking for my mate for 6 years when I found her working for my sister none the less. The only thing was that she happened to be 16 at the time while I was 24, yea bit of a problem there. I'd be considered a pedophile by any non-werewolf out there, which brings me on to my next point I didn't smell a wolf off of her meaning she probably didn't even know I'm not human never mind the fact that we were mates. It didn't help that my wolf (Alex) was getting harder and harder to control the longer I withheld him from our mate, but who could blame him, mates normally mated within 24 hours of meeting each other and we've been out here waiting almost two years. Her smell is the only thing that seems to be able to calm me down when I'm stressed nowadays.

I'd come here whenever I needed to relax. Zara's scent radiated throughout the pool area whenever she was working and on the lucky days when she came to check the sauna, you might be able to see a bead or two of sweat glide down her neck and over her collarbone before it disappeared beneath the collar of her shirt that hung slightly lower than normal with her smaller frame.

In the last few months, it has become increasingly more difficult to keep Alex at bay, he keeps trying to take control, it has gotten so bad in the months leading up to Zara's 18th birthday that I had to stop my daily visits but her smell was the only way for me to relax and I got so desperate for it over the months, that on one of the days I was going, I had bribed my cousins to come and make her get in the water somehow. I have to admit he did a fairly good job at it. I obviously rushed to her side and made sure she was okay and that she had an extra set of clothes to change into.

She of course didn't and she would need to get a spare set from my sister *wink* *wink* and had to return it later in the day after she had finished work and after her own gear was dry *wink* *wink* aka I had a new pillowcase that had smelled like my mate and boy oh boy was that the best thing I did ever do. Pity it had only lasted so long but I reminded myself and Alex that we would have her in our arms soon enough just 20 more days to go. She would surely realize the connection we had, even if she was human she would know right?

I flipping hope so otherwise what have I been waiting for? Ok no actually 18 and 26 sounds a lot better than 16 and 24 but what would sound best is 78 and 86 if you get my drift. I have everything planned out for our future obviously we'll have the Luna ceremony for her, and if she wants a human marriage ceremony we will do that too, we'll have three Children at first then another surprise two when the other three are teenagers/ young adults. Obviously, I'm going to treat her like the princess that she is and make sure all her worries go away. It's been killing me to feel every emotion that she has been feeling for the past 2 years. Not something normal mates could do without completing the mate bond but i guess it cames as a perk of being an alpha that has spent so much time in the same place as my mate although am not completely sure.

Thinking back on all the struggles my mate and the next Luna of the Scarlett moon pack had to go through I have promised myself to never let her have such worries ever again once she accepts me as her mate. Obviously I do all I can for her now but that mainly consists of letting my sister know and her taking it from there.