Smiley chapter 3

Smiley POV

-----------------

It is now only 10 days until Zara is 18 years old. Alex and I could not wait for those 10 days to pass the last month seemed to drag out longer than the combined 2 years we have already been waiting for Zara, which is probably the main leading factor as to why I am at my sister's swimming pool again. I know I shouldn't be here, be at the swimming pool that is and I most certainly should not be watching Zara from the sauna, I knew it was a bad idea even before I stupidly left my house to come here but I just needed to smell her intoxicating scent it was like an addictive drug that kept you coming back for more just to get away from the stresses in your everyday life, Zara's scent had a ridiculously good calming effect on me but of course, it also had other effects. I've been so stressed lately that this is my 7th time coming back in the last 21 days even after I promised myself not to come here any more than two times a month until she finally turned 18 years old and hopefully felt some connection or pull to Alex and I. I should really get going now before Alex does something stupid, I can feel him gaining more and more control as l think. So I hastily stand up from the bench with a spring in my step hoping it would get me out of here faster, cursing myself out of it, knowing I shouldn't have come here in the first place and now I can feel Alex trying to surface and it sure as hell is a struggle to keep him back, I knew I needed to get out of there fast but just before I could do so the sauna door swung open.

Zara's POV

---------------

Is everyone ok? I was in the middle of asking the customers in the sauna or should I say just Smiley as he was the only one here. That was until Smily interrupted me. He was already standing by the door as I looked in almost as if he was about to leave. So stepping to the side to let him out I was shocked when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the sauna shutting the door behind me in the process. I was so shocked and did not know what was going on but one thing was for sure and that was that the only lifeguard on deck was now in the sauna. When I was meant to be watching the water and okay granted I know there is nobody in said water right now but someone could come in at any moment and then what would I do? I tried to push Smiley off me but he wouldn't budge, trying to keep my calm I asked him what he was doing to which I got no response he was just staring at me without much thought behind his eyes as if he was debating his next move it almost seemed as if he wasn't completely there.

I started to internally panic because who wouldn't some older man I don't really know had just grabbed me and pulled me into a room away from other people's view, becoming increasingly panicked I remembered my whistle and went to blow it deciding that shouting would be useless but Smiley, grabs the whistle out of my hand braking the strap around my neck in the process. This makes me start to panic a little more and I do even more so when I hear him talking to himself, this man must be mad. He's mumbling things along the line, no I got this, and don't you dare.

My breathing becomes heavy and my heartbeat becomes radical as I begin to worry more about my situation, could I go to jail if someone drowns, he has now pined my hands on either side of me with an almost bruising force.

My mind suddenly goes blank, my body rigged and I realize why. While I was so caught up in my own thoughts Smiley put his lips on mine. I don't know what to do, do I try to push him off, do I try to squat down and pull my arms out of his grip, then run, or maybe do I kick him where the sun don't shine.

I don't know, I'm afraid of what he might do if I try to run so I stay there frozen, with eyes wide. I feel wetness run down both sides of my face. I stayed like that for god knows how long before I started thinking. How could he do this to me, most of the customers, we have a mutual understanding you respect my personal space and me, then I'll respect you and your personal space. Some people might be thinking, All he has done is kiss you, what's so wrong, some people would be grand with it, but I'm not and it's not just the kiss it's the whole situation it's making me realize just how weak I am.

Being brought back to reality when he turned his head to the side breaking the kiss then turning halfway back to me and back to the side again, almost as if he was having a spasm attack, during this little attack of his, he started to mutter again, words along the line of 'look what you've done' and 'I swear to the goddess'. I am so confused, my head is spinning as I watch while he shouts and curses at himself. I feel as if I am choking on the hot air as I start to see floating dots around me and I begin to slightly gasp trying to get the oxygen my body seems to be in desperate need of.

The last thing that I hear is Smiley shouting my name before I'm consumed by the dark, which only worries me more.