six : tomes & scrolls

warning:
—GAGneux

'die zeit mit dir war schön, doch uns bleibt nur die erinnerung daran

doch uns bleibt nur die erinnerung daran.
und manchmal wünsch ich mir,
wir zwei hätten uns später erst geseh'n.'
— ein teil

Oct 1943

Twyla Otieno was sprawled over her dorm room floor, a small smile lifted onto her cheeks. She packed her box nice and tightly, eyes lighting up at every piece. She lifted a long string of sea-blue bunting as she inspected its long trail of shimmering fabric, illuminating her eyes as it reflected off the morning sun. She neatly folding the string, placing it atop the rest of her box, jolting into speedy action as she heard the tosses and turns of her roommate.

Lestari rose to Jocelyn and Marica heard chattering in the dorm bathroom, one of them yelling the other into a frenzy as they likely tied up each other's hairstyles. Perhaps Twyla was amongst them, though the girl's voice wasn't heard amongst the two.

She rolled out of her bed, stood to her feet, then tumbled to the floor. The exact girl she'd been searching for was lain across the floor with her limbs outstretched, a grimace on her face.

"And what on earth are you up to?" Lestari, lifted her head, winded but certainly puzzled.

Twyla sheepishly laughed, "Tripped..?"

Her excuse came more as a question, to which Lestari burst into laughter. The sleep thrown from the cloud above her head as she howled in bewilderment.

"I was, um," The girl frantically looked around, until her eyes caught sight of the box in her hands. Lestari gazed at it too, the corner of bunting sticking out of its side.

"It's a little early for Halloween, isn't it?" She jested, picking herself up, yet her chuckles failed to die down.

"Oh, uh, yes." Twyla practically crawled to her bed and shoved it under, a weary look sent to the girl, who only laughed as she began to pick up her uniform.

It was the morning after Twyla had pretty well snatched Thierry from their little study group, and truthfully, her little mishap with the box didn't waver her cheery spirit. She sent the boy a knowing glance after lunch and the two vanished. Lestari discussed the meal's blandness with Casimir as they quietly drawled alongside each other. By the time the two appeared, Casimir sent them a pointed glance while Lestari scratched down an image of a mighty goat, its head rolled off to the side as it bled across her page.