Chapter 1.7: Angel Attack: UNIT-OI: LIFT OFF

Continuing from last chapter.

Deep underground. Geofront. NERV center.

(3rd person p.o.v)

Gendo: "Denji. Get in the Eva."

Denji: ". . . No."

The Misato could only stare as the teenage boy responds sharply. His eyes were a glare directed at the ground, but they could tell it was meant for Gendo.

Ritsuko: "Denji Just please get in the Eva, You're the best candidate we have-"

Ritsuko: "-No. You're the only candidate we have."

Denji: "I-I..."

Gendo: "..Enough of your nonsense Denji, Time is of the essence either get in the robo- EVA."

Denji: "I refuse!"

Gendo: "If you don't do as I say, all of humanity will perish."

NERV personel, both scientists and workers watch in awkwardly at the child they are suppose to entrust all of their faith in.

Gendo: "The very existence of the human race rests on your shoulders."

Denji: "What-? You leave me in that ditch for eleven years and now expect to order me around all willy nilly? No!"

The two women could only look on at the father and son arguing, silently holding their judgements for both parties. Ritsukos face a slight frown, and Misato giving Denji a look of pity.

RUMBLE

Gendo: "It knows we're here, It must sense us."

RUMBLE

Announcement: Layer one of eight has been compromised.

The station rumbles as on the surface the angel uses its newly acquired ability to blast a purple beam from its eyes to decimate a city block, penetrating deep underground and the armor of the geofront.

Ritsuko: "Denji, please we are running out of time."

Misato: "Denji, Get in the Eva."

Denji: ". . . Yes! . . . No! No!"

Misato: "Denji."

Denji: "I don't..."

Misato: Denji. Don't run away now. Tell me, why did you come here?

Not answering. Misato just continues anyways, Leaning down to your level.

Misato: "You need to face your father, Before you even came here you knew that you weren't brought here to celebrate some joyous reunion with your father."

Denji: "I know, but. . . I- I."

Misato: "Are you planning to just leave without a word after everything? You knew there wasa reason to come so far didn't you?"

Denji: ". . . I don't- I can't with him..."

Misato: ". . ."

With that, Misato Understood, and leaned away from you.

Denji struggles with his feelings as with one hand every fiber of his being wants to rebel with everything his father tells him to even if it costs the world, but also struggles with the feeling to want and gain the favor from Misato.

Gendo: ". . .What is your answer?"

Through your best effort, you could not get you to word out, as your hate for your father was proving a greater feeling than you ever thought. You didn't know if you should just give in and pilot the robot which you also really wanted, like how can someone not want to do something so cool, but all these new indescribable feelings clashing in you and you don't know what to do, say, or how to deal with them.