Chapter 3.0: The Silent Phone: A Transfer

NERV Eva Testing Chamber. EVA unit 01 plug. Few days later.

"Good morning, Denji. How are you feeling?"

The warbling of the Entry plug hums in your ear as a range of hues light up the interior of the dummy plug before returning back to normal. Screens inhabit within the walls of the plug, showcasing many charts and graphs and all the fancy stuff you didn't bother to try and understand. You pull your thoughts away from this as you respond to Ritsuko.

Denji: "I'm fine, It still feels weird... the LcL, but it's not so bad now."

Ritsuko: "Thats good to hear"

Her voice speaks through the communications. No longer choppy, sounding clear as day, unlike during the battle with the first angel.

You look down at yourself and began to check yourself out in your new designated Eva pilot plug suit. A skin tight full body suit with pieces of plating as armor, the biggest pieces being in the chest area housing a venting system of sorts marked with the text; '01.'

Ritsuko: "Eva regress points, emergency Eva outlet plugs, emergency ordnance structures, recovery points..."

Ritsuko: "have you memorized these locations?"

She quizzes you on the knowledge you were tasked to remember as a Eva pilot as you just 'hum in response, reviewing your memory and reciting all the points of interest you could.

Denji: "yeah, I think so."

Ritsuko: "Then let's run through them once more. Okay?"

You silently grumble at this, your face frowning as you mentally thought to yourself.

Denji: "This is so boring... being an Evan pilot sucks, I didn't know I'd have to remember all this crap. Worse yet I can't call out to Pochita like this... and this is the only way I can contact Pochita I know of."

Ritsuko: "Normally, an Eva runs off on an externally, cable power feed..."

Looking behind you, your plug offers a view of the power cable plugged into the lower area of your back.

Ritsuko: "in case of an emergency, via accident or unplugging. An Eva can switch to its internal battery power source. Our Technology is only limited to allow internal power capacity to last up to run one full minute, It can extend battery life by using low gain mode to at most five minutes before starting to hinder performance."

Pulling the controls, you bring the Evas hands up near your head then flexing them. Noting the buttery smooth movements of its fingers the syncing of sensation between you and the Eva, lagging by only by a few milliseconds. You continue to play with the controls as the Eva responds to it accordingly with movement.

Ritsuko: "...--Thats about everything our scientific accomplishments have gone, Did you get that Denji?"

Denji: "Uh yeah sure."

You however weren't listening, continuing to play around with the Eva, further understanding how to control the Unit.

Ritsuko: "Good, Further your understanding of the Eva until you're used to it. Your life will be dependent in its hand from now on, best to learn how to better yourself controlling it. While were on the same note..."

Ritsuko: "We'll continue where we picked off yesterday, starting induction mode."

Suddenly, a screen pops up on one of the top corners of the Plugs walls counting down from 5:00 as your surroundings flash before changing into the middle of Tokyo-3.

Denji: 'Yes! finally some action!'

Feeling the fire of adrenaline start to kindle. Your Evas arms lift up the rifle given to you for the testing, peaking its eyes through the scope you spot the first angel just a few hundred meters away as your hud starts to display two geometrical shapes start to line up with each other, rapidly beeping to signifying the progress of the rifle locking onto the center point; That being 'The angel.'