Chapter 2.4: Unfamiliar ceiling: Home

- - - scene change

Tokyo-3. Afternoon. NERV hospital. Unfamiliar ceiling.

(Denjis p.o.v)

Running, Denji couldn't remember when he started or as to why he was running in the first place. But It'e been a few minutes of nonstop running and despite his increased stamina, he was starting to get winded.

Denji: *Huff* *Uff* *Huff* -!!"

Slowing down, Denji wanted to take a second to assess his stuation, When suddenly, a giant inhuman creature burst from the ground infront of him. It moved to wrap its hands around Denji as he could only stare and scream while staring at the eerily mechanique face of the monster.

Denji: "AAAAHHH--"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"-?!"

Jolting up, you find yourself sticking your arm up. Your hand reaching for an unfamiliar ceiling. Focusing your eyes, you immediately cover them with your arms instinctively from the blinding light reflected around the pale white room from a nearby window.

Denji: "AH! my eyes..."

Rubbing them, they slowly adjust to the brightness. The white blur slowly clearing as you grumble to yourself.

Denji: I want a word with whoever designed this room... ugh- Flash banged my eyes...

You hover your hand over your forehead as you tried to recall your recent dream.

Denji: 'What was that dream, It had that... wh--"

But before you know it, Your mind came up blank. All too commonly completely forgetting the dream as if it it never happened, wiping it clean from your mind.

Denji: 'What-- No! I just... how did I forget already? whatever, probably was nuthin anyways.'

Sighing defeated, you rest both arms on your head.

Denji: 'Wheres Misato? or anybody...? they're probably busy doing adult stuff, that means I'll be here for a while..."

You sit up in silence, with the radio playing in the something incoherent in the background as the cicadas blare loudly outside. You continue to look on in silence for a few more minutes before lying down in bed again, retreating to back sleep while smiling.

Denji: 'Oh well, that means more time for me to nap.'

(3rd person p.o.v)

A chopper flies dangerously near a side of a building, before moving past it to reveal a giant crater left from the aftermath of the battle between Unit 01, a.k.a Denji, and the third angel, Sachiel. The rubble still freshly warm and smoking, evidence of the battle taking place recently.

A sign reads:

危險

立六禁止區域

DANGER

KEEP OUT

it's presented right outside the perimeter of the hole, as a crane is seen hauling the pieces of angel and Eva into separate empty beds of a freight truck. With the rumbling of a engine, the singing of a whistle blower, and other ambient noises filling the air.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So... The angels have finally returned."