chapter 20

*we see izuku sitting on his bed holding his head with his hands, he was in complete panic mode. Chizome having enough decided to bring him out of his own head*

Chizome:alright I'll bite, what's wrong ? you're fight is starting in like 15 minutes

Izuku:oh i don't know, maybe it's the fact that the last 3 fight I've had, I've had my ass handed to me?

*Izuku said his tone filled with sarcasm and fear, so much fear. He started to pull on his newly grown hair*

Izuku:The only reason I'm alive, is because the first one yujiro killed for fighting out of the arena, the second because my flight or fight instincts kicked in and i chose fight killing that man, and my last fight i had a fucking hole in my shoulder and the fight was completely one sided, even if i could hit momo, I'm not even sure i could beat her in my current state!

*Izuku took some deep breaths as tears of frustration started to fall, he wanted to put on a brave face, he really did. But he reached his limit after losing to momo*

Izuku:i have no hope left man, my limit was
Ryo Inaba, after that everyone was stronger then me, I'm here not by skill but by fucking  luck!

*Izuku said taking deeper breath, but he didn't feel like the air made it in his lungs. Izuku was having a complete panic attack*

Chizome:izuku....

Izuku: I'm gonna die, i can feel it, I'm gonna fucking die !

*More tears fell from his face, as his breathing became erratic. Izuku looked like his old self and not in the good way, he was showing his worst qualities, his self doubt, self hatred, and low self estime. Chizome gave izuku a bag, izuku took it and started breathing in to it*

Chizome:better?

Izuku:no, but I'm calmer now so thanks

*Izuku said while cleaning his tears, Chizome patted his back at the none burn part and looked at him with a raised eyebrow*

Stain:so this it? Your just gonna give up?

Izuku:not give up, just...accepting my fate i don't see a way i can actually win

*The gate opened as izuku got up and walked away on his way to his death someone was walking at the same direction*

AFO:ah izuku good to see you

Izuku:AFO, what are you doing out of your cell?

*Izuku said looking up at the man who at one time was his greatest threat. AFO just chuckled*

AFO:come now boy, this is the final match i wasn't gonna miss that, how are you feeling? Nervous? Maybe scared?

Izuku:...calm

*Izuku said with fake confidence, he may no longer be AFO's enemy, but that didn't mean they were suddenly friends. Or that izuku trusted him as far as he could throw him*

AFO:i know that look boy, I've seen it multiple times in my lifetime, the look of someone who accepted his death

Izuku:and what If i did ? You'll get your entertainment either way, i just don't care anymore. not like I'm gonna win

AFO:you could if you had let's say a hand

*AFO said, even with the mask, izuku knew AFO was smiling condescendingly at him*

Izuku:what is it they say? You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain

AFO:in your case, you can die an innocent man or live with my help. Would you want to leave tsuyu all alone?