Chapter 165: Night at Helium (2)

As I followed behind Eisilia, I ended up meeting the King of Helium and Cecily's father, Descal Drat Eisilia Vin. He was staying in a private chamber, not the audience chamber, where he usually received guests.

Being the king of demons, it was natural for him to exude charisma, but he was also a handsome man with distinct facial features and a similar build to mine. At first glance, he looked young like Gartz, but in reality, he was over 300 years old.

Finding similarities between Descal and Cecily was quite challenging sinceCecily strongly resembled Eisilia, but I could tell that both of them had identical horn shapes. Eisilia's horns extended straight back, resembling goat horns.

Nevertheless, as we sat facing each other while dinner preparations were underway, I started to engage in various conversations with Cecily's parents.

It was a somewhat nervous occasion, similar to a formal meeting, but fortunately, Descal made me feel comfortable on his side, allowing me to relax a bit.

"First and foremost, I want to express infinite gratitude for saving the demons. I feel like giving up the throne out of my heart's gratitude."

"To that extent... Honestly, I never expected such a change in the perception of your kind."

"Even in unexpected circumstances, thanks to Xenon's Biography, our people have begun to see the light. Even if someone happened to rescue us by chance, it doesn't mean we're not indebted to them."

Luminous and Mora's words echoed in Descal's mouth, making me feel peculiar. Now, I think I can humbly accept the role of savior for the demons.

Until now, I've been slightly burdened and avoided clearly acknowledging it, partly because it doesn't suit my nature to bask in glory. But it seems better to recognize it clearly from now on.

"But, Your Majesty."

"Oh, you can speak freely in private. It feels awkward for me to hear honorifics from a benefactor."

"Well then... Lord Descal?"

"If possible, I would prefer that you call me father-in-law."

Another thing I learned is that Descal possesses a somewhat gentle temperament. I couldn't help but wonder if Cecily's personality was inherited from Descal.

Anyway, since I'm uncomfortable at the moment, I decided to refer to Descal as "Lord Descal." I also said that it's fine for Descal to call me however he feels comfortable.

"So, what do you want to ask?"

"About Her Majesty, the Queen..."

"Please call me mother-in-law."

As soon as the word "Queen" left her lips, Eisillia smiled and corrected herself. "...Lady Eisillia..."

"Mother-in-law."

"...Mother-in-law."

"Hehe."

Could it be that Cecily inherited both her father and mother's mischievousness? If not, then Cecily's occasional mischievousness, like a little devil, remained unexplained.

When I referred to Eisillia as my mother-in-law, Cecily seemed pleased and discreetly grabbed my hand under the table. She was sitting on my right side, and her hand naturally reached for my right hand.

And it would have been fine if she only held my hand, but she focused on a small pen mark on my middle finger. It felt strange to have someone fixate on a tiny pen mark.

"...I'm curious about how mother-in-law's name ended up being the middle name. Is it a tradition unique to Helium?"

"That's right. In Helium, it's a tradition for the queen and her children to have the queen's or princess's name as their middle name. If you and Cecilia have a child, well... do you have any names in mind, by any chance?"