Transformation

The wishing girl did not hesitate arriving to the cliff near the cave. It was finally time for her wish to come true, and her eyes were filled with eagerness and anticipation. As she ran, thoughts of the handsome vampire appeared in her mind. She imagined his reaction to seeing her. She thought of how perfect he'd look, with his flowing dark hair and alluring glare in his eyes. Oh, she had to see him!
Please, she thought to herself as she looked out at the sky speckled with bright stars watching down at her, please let me get to my wish!
The half-vampire awaited her, already at the spot they planned to meet.
"Ah, you've come!" he said to her, "Now you know what they are, now you know what you will be."
As the wishing girl walked closer to the half-vampire, she could see right next to him, coming out of the shadows, the light-haired eldest member of the vampire gang she saw that night. He was an attractive man with bright, blue eyes that followed her as she approached them. The eldest of the gang, who the girl would later know as David, and the traveling half-vampire conversed for a while, and then looked back at the eager wishing girl. The light-haired vampire extended his hand for her to place in his, and he led her to the interior of the cave, the traveler following them.
The inside of the cave was decorated and adorned with posters, scrolls, and tapestries fashioned after social events, musicians, and horror films. It was like something one would see in a teenaged rock fan's room. It amazed the wishing girl. Multiple blankets draped over the walls and were set on the floor, and for a moment, she could see by multiple large rocks, a canopy revealing a simple bed. As the wishing girl kept following David, he occasionally turned his head to look back at her. The glare in his eyes alarmed the wishing girl, making her slow her stride as she stared back at them. She was indeed scared, but the thought of the handsome vampire and her new life as one of their kind comforted her. Her heart accelerated as she awaited the words David would say regarding her wish.
The three figures eventually came to a stop, halted by the endest vampire's hand. He then turned, his coat moving with him, as he briefly left to gather an object. While he occupied himself with this task, he discussed the wish with the girl.
"You have seen us at roam. You were the one who brought our friend back when he was left behind. The traveler has told me about your desire and wish. I hope you are aware of what you are doing."
The wishing girl nodded.
"You will have a life one could only dream of. You will sleep all day, you will party all night, you will surround yourself with others of your kind. You will never grow old. But to achieve this, you must drink my blood." the eldest vampire continued.
He walked back to the wishing girl, a bottle embellished in jewels and gold in his hand. Inside the bottle was a deep red liquid. It looked like the deepest, purest wine.
"Here you are now," David stated with a grin. He held the bottle out for the wishing girl to take, and she slowly held it in her own hands. Staring at the bottle, the gold shining in the light as well as the way the dark blood gave a flashing glare with the glass. She looked back up, meeting the eldest vampire's eyes.
"When you take away all that is human about me," asked the wishing girl, "what is left of me?"
Her statement made David chuckle and grin his usual cunning grin.
"You'll keep that beautiful form of yours and your expressive eyes. You'll only be doing things a little differently, but I will explain them to you when the time comes. If you do those things, you'll fit right in. And I trust that you will."
The wishing girl continued to stare, still glancing at the bottle.
"But you must drink now."
David's words had a hint of command in them now, and she knew the time was coming. She must act now. It would feel strange, she thought. She stared at the decorative bottle. But once she remembered how curious and lonely she had been away from the cave, far away from the one she wanted to love the most, she took a deep breath and drank from the bottle.
The feeling did feel strange. Within the body of the wishing girl, she felt a sensation of rising and spreading. She felt a force within her flowing and burning. She breathed in, thinking of her goodbyes to her old life. She may never roam the boardwalk of Santa Carla again. She may never discuss the unknown with the two brothers she knew in the town. She may never know what it is to be human again, even if she is only half like the traveler.
"Now, you are," she heard the eldest vampire say.
The wishing girl spent the rest of the night with the traveling half-vampire. After they heard the revving of David's engine and watched him ride away to meet the others, they were alone. Because of the girl's new form, the traveler decided to introduce her to her new world.
"Does it hurt?" he asked her. She shook her head.
"No, not so much anymore.
They walked on the cliff, through the empty grass areas, and through the forest. The wishing girl recognized it all. She remembered the days she spent wishing for excitement and meeting a special individual. She remembered running through the forest to come to the aid of the handsome dark-haired vampire. She remembered carrying him to his home and setting him down when they reached the cliff. She remembered how familiar everything looked, yet how different it also was. She observed. She knew of the brightness and the neon of the boardwalk. But she now knew of the darkness and the blended shadows created by the trees and rocks. She felt as if she has seen more than anyone else in town. As they walked, the traveler sang of the exciting life as a vampire. He talked of watching the early dawn and breathing in the the smells of the green, as a half could still do so. He talked of creation and exploration, often elaborating on how he wishes to cover more land and discover what else there is out there waiting for him. He discussed activities and culture, and ran through the open fields with the wishing girl. It delighted her.
Many say that life is beautiful, she thought, and they are mostly right. And now, I get to discover a life that many will never know.