Chapter 3

Nova POV

I was walking "home" with the groceries when I felt one of my soulmarks start to burn and itch.

(If you couldn't tell by the picture at the top of the chapter or the spider above this the soulmark that's burning and itching is Peter Parkers or Spiderman's)

I started looking around to see if I could spot them so I could try to avoid them, but lady luck wasn't on my side today. I bumped into someone and fell to the ground wincing in pain as I fall on my already battered wings that I covered with a black trench coat. Dropping the food and shattering the beer bottles. I knew I was going to get in trouble for that later. I stood up and whispered, "I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." without lifting my head. I brush myself off and look up meeting a cute teenager's eyes and I realize that it was my soulmate I bumped into. My eyes widen and I look back at the ground turning away so I can get back "home" before Karen does.

Peter POV

I felt so bad I had knocked my soulmate on the ground and made her drop her groceries. She looked up and met my eyes and I forgot how to breath for a second. She looked down and went to walk away but I grabbed her arm and I noticed she flinched away, so I let her go. "What is your name, Mi amor?" (My Love) She looks up at me confused and looks around like she is looking for an escape. She bolts to the right, and I let her go not wanting to come off as a creep. I run to the tower to tell everyone else that I found her.

Nova POV

After he asks what my name is I look for an escape route. I find one and I bolt. After I get so far away, I stop to see if he is following me. He isn't so I let out a breath and run "home." Once I get inside, I realize I'll have to see if my father will give me more money so I can go get food again tomorrow. I know I will get a good beating tonight, so I go to my room and take my trench coat off and lay it in the corner.

Sorry it took so long to update but this was kind of rushed so it's probably not that good but thank you for taking time to read this~Author