Chapter 9

Nova pov

I lose consciousness just as the door is slammed open and a man in a red, white, and blue spandex suit barges in.

Steve pov

I run down a hallway in the Hydra base kicking open doors and looking for anyone. I get to the last door and I kick it open. I look inside to see a red head with wings covered in blood and hanging from the ceiling. I rush over to her and she passes out before I can get to her. I run up to her and grab the chains that are holding her up to the ceiling.

"Stark I need you in here." I yell into the comms.

He comes flying in about a minute later and does a quick scan of the room. He notices the girl and immediately raises his hand to break the chains. He breaks the chains with a blast and I grab the girl and start running towards the Quinjet.

Once we get to the Quinjet I yell for Bucky and he comes running to me once he sees the girl in my arms.

"Doll, what did they do to you?" Bucky whispers as he gently grabs her from me.

He carries her over to a seat and sits down putting her in his lap. After about half an hour she starts waking up. She opens her eyes and immediately goes still. 

She turns slightly and looks at Bucky. Once she sees its him she jumps up and runs to a corner. She curls up in a ball and wraps her wings around herself.

Bucky walks up to her and she closes her eyes like she's expecting to get hit.

"What did they tell you Doll?" Bucky whispers with anger in his voice.

She looks around at the rest of us before she whispers out an answer "They told me that you would punish me when you came back because I didn't answer their questions."

Bucky pov

"You don't have to worry about them anymore. Were free now." I tell her.

She slowly unwraps her wings from her body and sits up. She looks around the Quinjet nervously and makes eye contact with Natasha. Natasha walks up to us slowly so she doesn't scare Nova. Natasha crouches down and Nova looks at me nervously. I give her a subtle nod and she relaxes a little bit.

Natasha slowly moves even closer and Nova lets her.

She puts out her hand and says, "I'm Natasha Romanoff, but you can call me Nat. What's your name?"

"I'm Nova." She answers.

"Lovely name for a lovely lady." Nat tells her.

Nova blushes and hides her face.

"Were at the tower." Clint yelled making Nova flinch.

Sorry it took so long to get out but schools almost over so I can update more during the summer. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the song I put at the beginning~Author