Chapter 7

A few weeks later

Nova pov

Bucky and I were training when a guard barged in and told Bucky to follow him. I watched as Bucky followed the guard out the door. I turned back to the punching bag to continue training when I heard a voice telling me to stop.

"Your training is over for the day. Go back to your cell Mockingjay." The voice says.

I nod and walk down to my cell and I move to sit in the corner. I sit in the corner for a couple minutes before Bucky comes back. I stand up and  walk to him.

"I will be gone for about a week, they're sending me on a mission." Bucky whispers as soon as I get close enough.

I nod and whisper back, "Good luck."

Bucky walks away and i realize that's that last time i'll see him for a week.

Bucky pov

As I was walking down the hallway I wondered what I could be doing on a mission that would take me a week. I walk into Pierce's office and he tells me what I have to do. I find out that i'm being sent to kill Captain America. I head down to Nova's cell to tell her how long i'll be gone.

After I tell her I head out to the helicopter that's waiting for me. I hop in and we take off to New York.

After I get to New York I go the top of the Empire State Building and set up a gun aiming at avengers tower. I sit and wait for the Captain to get in my line of vision. While i'm waiting I don't hear the footsteps behind me. When I finally turn around I see a woman and Captain America standing there.

"Bucky?" Captain America asks.

"Steve." I respond and turn around to grab my gun.

I spin and aim it at Steve. My body starts shaking from  the force i'm using to try to keep the Winter Soldier in. Eventually it becomes too much so I start backing up to the edge of the Empire State Building. I know i'll survive and it might keep the Winter Soldier in longer.

I jump and I can see the ground coming up really fast I close my eyes as I hit the ground.

Sorry Its so short i'll try to get more out later. Hope you like. Did anyone understand the reference?~Author