Chapter 2: Goodnight

His job is done for today. Tim changes into his regular clothes: a white shirt under his black hoodie and grey sweatpants. He starts making his way to Lucy's car while fidgeting with his fingers. Lucy's car is parked in the shadows. As he walks, he notices a black figure leaning against the car. He gets closer and closer, only to realize it's Lucy.

"Hey Luce," he smiles sweetly, "So, are we going to your place?" he questions.

"I figured we could go to the bar together first before going to my apartment," Lucy answers softly, smiling back at Tim.

Tim hesitated, contemplating whether to reply with "I'm a bit tired, maybe next time?" Instead, he simply said, "Sure, of course." A lot of thoughts raced through his mind, with Lucy being the brightest one.

"Great! You don't mind if I change into something comfortable, right?" Lucy made some quirky gestures while saying that. Could it be that she's nervous?

Tim nods gently before walking to his car. "I'm going to grab something real quick from my house."

Tim awkwardly waddles back to his car. The only reason he's going back to his house is because he needs to cool off. He can't handle being around Lucy right now..

Lucy arrives at the bar, deciding to get something to quench her thirst. While patiently waiting for Tim, she feels a tap on her shoulder.

"Hey beautiful," says a stranger, someone Lucy has never seen before.

"Uh, hello? Have we met before?" Lucy feels anxious and starts rubbing her neck.

The stranger smiles, "We haven't, but maybe we can get to know each other more," says the man, slightly touching Lucy's thighs. "I'm Keith."

Lucy notices the touch but tries to play it cool. "Nice to meet you, Keith. My name is Lucy," she fakes a giggle.

Keith starts telling stories and jokes to Lucy. Every time he does, she fake laughs, hoping for Tim to arrive faster.

"So, you live alone?" Keith asks in a feathery voice. "No, I live with my roommate," Lucy answers in a slightly shaking voice.

"You don't think your roommate would mind if you're gone for a night?" Keith starts putting his arm around Lucy, making her awfully uncomfortable.

Tim walks in, trying to find Lucy. He manages to spot her with Keith, and jealousy gets the better of him. Tim tries to control his breathing while making his way over to their table.

"Hey, what's going on here? I was just using the bathroom," Tim says, cocking his head.

Lucy quickly reacts to Tim's arrival and starts holding his hand. "Keith, meet my boyfriend!" she rushes, stuttering a bit.

"Oh? You have a boyfriend..." Keith stares into Tim's eyes. "You know Lucy? I'll just go. It's getting late! Haha." He exits the bar.

Lucy stops and apologizes to Tim. "So sorry! I... I had to do that. He was, uh, flirting with me! And..."

Tim interrupts Lucy, "It's okay, I understand. Are you feeling okay?"

"Not the greatest..." Lucy looks down at her feet.

"Here, I'll just take you home, okay?" Tim gently pats her shoulder.

"I'll be fine going by myself," Lucy says. She doesn't like getting help when she can do it herself.

"I want you to get home safely. It's late at night too. We can just pick up your car tomorrow." Tim is dead serious about giving her a ride.

Tim gives Lucy a ride home, and as they reach her door, she offers him to stay over since it's late to be driving.

"Are you sure? You seem a bit woozy. Maybe you're just tired," Lucy insists again.

"I am perfectly fine. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Well, okay if you say so..." She shrugs. As Tim was about to go, she grabs his wrist. "Wait!" She gives Tim a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks again. I don't know what I'll do without you being there for me," she smiles at him before she closes the door. "Goodnight."

Tim is flabbergasted. "Goodnight, Lucy..." He walks away from the door, turning into a tomato. He tries his best to hide it. Could this be the beginning of their love story?