Chapter 5: Playing Dangerously

Lucy's phone jolted her awake, its vibrations breaking the silence. Rubbing her eyes, she unlocked the device to find a message from Tim. "I just woke up from a nap," she replied, her voice still laced with drowsiness. "What's up?"

In need of a pick-me-up, Lucy weaved through the crowded seats, searching for a moment of solitude. Finally, she found respite in an unlocked bathroom. Splashing her face with ice-cold water, she felt the refreshing chill jolt her awake.

As she dried her face and made her way back to her seat, Lucy caught Tim's intense gaze. It made her heart skip a beat, wondering what thoughts were swirling in his mind.

Lucy's neck started to ache from the uncomfortable chair. She tried shifting into different positions, but nothing seemed to provide relief. Eventually, she gave up and resigned herself to waiting for another two hours.

Finally, the plane landed, and they retrieved their belongings from the overhead bin before disembarking. Lucy wasted no time stretching her sore muscles, joined by Tim. "Those chairs really did a number on my neck," Lucy groaned, her head wobbling as she massaged it. Tim asked, "Did you manage to sleep well?" He took a few steps to get his legs moving again. Lucy chuckled. "Sleep well? With those chairs? Not a chance." Suddenly, Lucy's tone turned serious. "Where's Kerry?"

They waited for everyone to exit the plane and spotted Kerry still wearing her mask and hoodie. "Let's go. We're driving there," Kerry grumbled as she walked past them.

"To where?" Tim asked, unsure if they should continue with their plans.

"Yo, just hold up," Kerry mutters to Tim, taking charge. Lucy and Tim follow her, totally clueless. Lucy leans in and whispers to Tim, "Should I be worried about something?"

Tim whispers back, "I don't think she's going to hire someone she's hiring." Lucy tries to lighten the mood, saying, "So, I heard you had someone else lined up, but they flaked?"

"Yeah, I had a good one too. Gotta bail him out of jail soon. 350 grand," Kerry says, walking and talking.

"Damn, that's a whole lotta cash," Lucy says, trailing off. She tilts her head and asks, "You got that kind of dough?"

"That's why I hired you guys. I heard you're good at the job, but never better than Danny," Kerry says, looking back as she waits for her cars to show up.

"Who's Danny?" Tim asks, his tone serious and concerned.

"Danny's the 350 grand dude," Kerry scoffs, watching two black cars pull up. She points to the one in the front, saying, "You two gotta ride in that one." Kerry heads towards the car behind it.

Tim and Lucy nervously approach the car, and Tim holds the door open for Lucy. They settle in and notice a woman behind the wheel. "No questions until we get there," the woman mumbles, dead serious.

They've been stuck in the car for what feels like forever, but finally, they arrive at a mysterious, narrow alleyway. Tim looks unimpressed and asks, 'What's this?' Kerry confidently responds, 'My cousin owns it.' Without hesitation, they all enter the alleyway, walking through the dimly lit alleyway next to a dumpster. And there they see Top, the man in black jeans and a white shirt.

Top, also known as Zack Kooling, is the one in charge. He wastes no time and demands, 'Inspect them.' Two of Top's men thoroughly pat down Nova and Kayce, confirming they're clear. Top's serious demeanor sends chills down their spines as he warns them, 'You two better not mess this up. We're counting on you to bring in exactly 350 grand.'

The tension rises as they quickly scan through the list of people they need to find. They realize that these individuals are not ordinary people. They're police officers, firefighters, personal trainers, and even ex-military. Kayce can't help but comment, 'Wow, this is pretty serious.'

After a few hours of strategizing, they borrow a car and set off to find their first target: Jacky Brown. As they drive through the town, Lucy's nerves start to get the best of her. She confesses, 'I never thought I'd be involved in something like this.' Tim reassures her, 'Don't worry, we're doing this to save them in the end.'

But Lucy's frustration grows, and she raises her voice, worried about what might happen to these people once they're captured. Sensing her distress, Tim whispers, 'Lucy, take some deep breaths. We can back out if you want.'

'No, absolutely not. This is stupid. Im overreacting; it's not that serious..' Lucy quiets down; she closes her eyes while she takes some deep breaths in and out. 'I think I'm good now.'

'There he is.' Tim points at a man in a black leather jacket while his hands are still on the steering wheel. 'Do you remember what to do?' Tim puts on his T.O. voice but also tries to not be too tough on her. 'Uhm..' Lucy pauses for a second, 'He's going to the club right now.. so that means that we have to approach him, become somewhat friends, have him follow me to the bathroom, and you kidnap him." Lucy closes her eyes, trying to remember what Tim had told her throughout the whole car ride.

'But he's smart; he wouldn't just follow a random girl he met at the club to the bathroom.' Tim shrugs.

"Seducing him?" Lucy turns her head toward Tim.

Tim gets out of the car without another word, and Lucy, cluelessly, also gets out. They start walking towards the club and say, "I want you to act natural." Tim whispers to Lucy as they walk closer to the front. They get in line, time starts ticking, every second feels like a different world. Soon it's their turn, and the bouncer looks at them both up and down and says, "I need to see some ID." He says it in a deep voice. They showed him the fake ID, and soon enough, they were let into the club.

Now, their next goal is to locate where Jacky is. Tim and Lucy go their own way; Lucy manages to find Jacky first. Tim sees her in the distance and decides to stay in his position.

"Hey handsome," Lucy said, her hands rubbing across Jacky's arm.

"Hey.. Do I know you?" Jacky looks at her up and down.

"No, but you will if you come to my place."

"You're pretty bold." Jacky's eyebrows slightly raise, showing more interest in her.

"What's your name? or can I call you mine?" Lucy gives Jacky a playful wink.

Jacky laughs a bit. "My name is Jacky, yours?"

"Nova"

"Nice to meet you, Nova."

They spend a few minutes talking, then Nova gets the courage to ask, "How about we take this to the bathroom?"

"For a pretty girl like you, of course." Jacky smiles at Nova.

Soon they go to the bathroom, where Tim had already been waiting for not so long. He hides in one of the stalls, making sure his feet aren't exposed. Nova gently pushes Jacky to the wall, but Jacky doesn't realize that Tim was there too.

They try to get out of the club, with Nova holding on to Jacky and Kayce on the other side. They made it look like he had too much to drink. Both of them put him in the backseat.

Their first victim down, nine more to go.