Chapter 4: "Really?"

Today is the big day. Tim and Lucy are going undercover together, and Tim is planning to confess his feelings to her. When they arrive at the station, they'll need to change their appearances. Lucy will get some blonde highlights and a layered haircut, just like Nova had. Nova is known for wearing crop tops, low rise jeans, and she even has a tattoo on her collarbone.

Tim on the other hand, he can rock a bandaid on his left cheek, giving him a cool and rugged vibe. He can sport oversized shirts paired with straight jeans, which will give him a laid-back and effortless style. As for Kayce, his hair can have that "just rolled out of bed" look, adding to his carefree and casual persona. And just like Nova, Kayce can have tattoos on his neck, chest, and wrist, adding a touch of rebellion to his appearance. It's interesting how Tim seems to have different fashion preferences from Kayce.

"Goodness," Tim groans with a hint of frustration as he turns towards Lucy, who appears to be casting an admiring gaze upon him.

"Not bad, Mr. Hall," Lucy smirks, crossing her arms. "It doesn't look too shaggy on you," she remarks, raising her eyes to meet Tim's, creating a moment of undeniable connection.

"Now you're simply lying. How intriguing," Tim maintains the eye contact, the room seemingly growing warmer. "Is there anything else you want to add?" he states, his voice taking on a husky tone.

"Nope!" Lucy cheerfully responds, playfully flicking Tim's shirt, causing it to shift slightly to the left. She then walks away to engage in conversation with someone else.

Tim watches her every move as she departs, swiftly donning a watch and purposefully striding into the same room Lucy has entered.

"Well, if I'm honest, it looks good on you," Angela compliments Lucy, who proceeds to twirl around, showcasing her outfit to Angela. "Where's Tim?" Angela questions, scanning the area behind Lucy and spotting him leaning against the door frame. Angela scans Tim's appearance before remarking, "I prefer Kayce's style over Tim's..." She points towards Tim, making Lucy to turn around.

"Oh!" Lucy suddenly remembers something. "We must leave at 12:30 exact and arrive by 1:00. It shouldn't be a rush, if you ask me," she says with a smile, gesturing towards the clock. "She told us to meet at the airport."

"Who is this 'she' you're talking about?" Tim asks, his expression betraying confusion.

"Oh, right! I was referring to Animal_hunter_230," Lucy responds, her embarrassment evident. It seems Angela has already left the room. Sneaky pants.

Lucy glanced at the clock once more. "It's already 12:26. Should we wait in the car?" She tapped her shoes nervously, showing her eagerness for the undercover work to begin.

"Yeah, let's wait in the car," Tim agreed. "It's parked in the lot."

Lucy nodded and followed Tim to the parking lot. They got into the car and started driving, as it was now 12:30.

As Tim drove, he took a deep breath and said, "Lucy, you're an amazing partner. You deserve someone better." He paused and glanced at Lucy. "Do you think any of the guys you've met are worth your time?"

"Um, no, I don't think so," Lucy replied, looking confused and a bit uncomfortable. "I don't know, they all seem..." She sighed and fell silent for a few minutes. "Why do you ask?"

"Just curious," Tim replied, looking out the window and back at the road. "Do you have any plans for Sunday?" He asked in a low voice.

Lucy thought for a moment, shaking her head. "No, I don't," she answered, looking out the window and hiding her face, her leg bouncing nervously.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to this restaurant," Tim nervously asked, "just the two of us."

"Yeah," Lucy replied without hesitation, feeling more confident in her response.

"Really? I mean... sure, I'll text you the time after we're done with this undercover thing," Tim said, slightly embarrassed. He pressed his lips together as he made a sharp left turn.

"Mhm," Lucy nodded, wiping her sweaty hands on her pants.

It was 1:00 PM when they finally reached the airport. They swiftly exited the car and gathered their belongings. Lucy held onto her suitcase tightly, her grip revealing her nervousness. Tim noticed but brushed it off, assuming she was just feeling a bit anxious. And let's be real, she definitely was. Their mission was to locate "Animal_Hunter_230" as soon as possible.

Just in the nick of time, a text popped up on both of their phones. "I'm at gate 3B. Look for a person in a black T-shirt and grey pants." She must have known exactly when and where they would arrive.

"You got the text, right?" Lucy pointed to her phone, seeking confirmation.

Tim glanced at his phone and nodded confidently. "Yeah, black T-shirt and grey pants. Got it." He scanned the bustling airport, determined to find their contact.

"Alright, let's not waste any time. We need to find gate 3B," Lucy declared, taking the lead. Tim followed closely behind, trusting her instincts.

They struggled a bit to find the gate, but eventually asked for help. Finally, they located the gate and started scanning the crowd for someone matching the description - a person with a black t-shirt and grey pants. There they were. Tim and Lucy walked up to the person.

Tim spoke in a hushed voice, "Are you—" but he was interrupted.

"Yes," she handed them their tickets. "Names Kerry Hart." She stared at them coldly, her grey eyes standing out in the sunlight.

Lucy felt a chill run down her spine, while Tim tried to meet her gaze. "Kayce Hall," Tim introduced himself. "Nova Kim," Lucy added with a small smile, hoping to warm the coldness in Kerry's eyes, but it didn't work.

"Flights leaving in an hour, get yourself prepared. It's a 4-hour and 55-minute journey," Kerry said, then went to sit down.

Tim noticed Lucy shivering a bit in the corner of his eye. "You okay?" he asked, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, she just scares me," Lucy replied. "She's not actually going to wear a mask the whole time, right?" she asked Tim as they walked away from Kerry.

An hour later, Tim and Lucy rushed back to their gate. "About time, hurry it up, we're leaving," Kerry said to them harshly.

Lucy was a bit annoyed but went along with it. As they boarded the plane, they checked their tickets to find their seats. "Nova" had 3A, "Kayce" had 8D, and Kerry had 10F. They realized their seats were far from each other, so they relied on their phones to stay connected through texting.

They settled in and anxiously waited for the plane to take off. Tim couldn't help but think about Lucy saying yes to going to a restaurant with him. Sunday would be his chance. "She said yes." That's what his mind was focused on.

Meanwhile, Lucy's mind is consumed with worry for Tim. She can't help but wonder if he will get into an argument or if he will get hurt somehow. All she can think about is Tim, and it's making her worry even more. As she dozes off, she tries to come up with ways to support him instead of just worrying.