Chapter 30: Happiness

Author's note: It's time for an end <3 thank you for reading and leaving comments, it means a lot that you love these stories! in a perfect world i'd end it from Chloe's POV cause it started with hers but having Taylor's felt right!

TAYLOR

The crisp winter air was filled with the scent of pine as we arrived at the Holiday House for a quiet weekend break. This year, I wanted my birthday to be a low-key affair, just a cozy, family celebration with Chloe and Travis.

The house, nestled on the cliffside overlooking the glorious ocean, looked like something out of a fairy tale. Inside, the warmth of the fireplace greeted us, casting a soft, inviting glow. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect setting for my birthday.

As we settled into the cozy living room, the crackling fire creating a serene ambiance, Travis suddenly disappeared into the kitchen, only to reemerge with a beautifully decorated cake. Chloe was right behind him, her face lit up with excitement.

Together, they started singing 'Happy Birthday,' their voices filling the room with warmth and joy. I watched them, my heart swelling with happiness and love. This was more than a birthday celebration; it was a celebration of the life we had built together.

As they finished the song, Travis placed the cake in front of me. "Make a wish, babe," he said with a warm smile.

I looked at the flickering candles, their glow reflecting in my eyes. Around me were the two people who meant the world to me – my family. I realized, in that moment, that every wish I had ever had was right here in this room.

I looked up at Travis and Chloe, my eyes glistening with unshed tears. "All of my wishes have already come true," I said softly, my voice filled with emotion. "They came true the moment I found both of you."

Travis leaned over and kissed my forehead. "We're the lucky ones, Taylor. You've made our lives so much better."

I blew out the candles, the room erupting into cheers and claps. As we cut the cake and shared it, the sweetness of the moment wasn't just in the dessert, but in the love and laughter that filled the room.

After the cake, Chloe excitedly handed me a small, neatly wrapped package. "Happy birthday, mom," she said, her eyes shining with anticipation.

I carefully unwrapped the gift to reveal a handmade photo album. As I flipped through it, I saw pictures of our little family – moments of laughter, vacations, and quiet, everyday joys. Each photo was a precious memory, a testament to the life we had built together. Tears welled up in my eyes as I looked at Chloe. "This is beautiful, thank you so much, honey. It means the world to me."

Chloe beamed, clearly pleased with my reaction. "I'm glad you like it!"

As I wiped away my tears and turned around, I saw Travis standing there, an earnest look in his eyes. Then, to my utter surprise, he got down on one knee, holding a small, velvet box.

"Taylor," he began, his voice steady but filled with emotion, "from the moment you came into my life, you've filled it with so much joy and love. You've shown me what it truly means to be a part of a family. You and Chloe have become my world, and I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else."

He opened the box to reveal a beautiful ring. "I love you more than words can express. Will you marry me?"

I was speechless, my heart overflowing with love and happiness. Tears streamed down my face as I nodded. "Yes, of course I'll marry you."

As Travis slipped the ring onto my finger, I pulled him into a tight embrace, feeling as if my heart would burst from happiness. "I love you so much," I whispered.

Travis and I shared a tender kiss, a perfect moment of love and commitment. Breaking apart, we heart quiet sobs.

"Chloe, sweetheart, what's wrong?" I asked, immediately going to her.

Chloe looked up at us, her eyes shining with tears. "It's just... this is so perfect. I'm so happy for you both, and I... I feel like I really have a family now," she managed to say between sobs.

Travis knelt down beside us, wrapping his arms around both of us. "You've always had a family, honey. It just took us some time to find each other."

I hugged Chloe tightly, feeling a mix of joy and deep emotional connection. "You've made this family complete. Your happiness is our happiness. We're in this together, forever."

Chloe nodded, leaning into the embrace, her sobs slowly turning into sniffles, then a soft smile. "I love you both so much," she whispered, her voice steady now.

"We love you too, baby. More than words can say," I replied, holding her close.

In that moment, everything felt right in the world. The joy of the engagement was made even more meaningful with Chloe there, sharing in our happiness.

As we sat together by the fire, the warmth of the flames reflecting the warmth in our hearts, I realized that this was what true happiness felt like. It was not just in the big moments, but in the quiet, heartfelt connections we shared every day.

This moment, here at the Holiday House, would forever be etched in my memory – a moment of love, commitment, and a family brought together by the heart. It was a new beginning for us, a promise of many more joyful moments to come, together as a family.

THE END